Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
yes 17 is the hardest par 3 on the course probably hardest hole period. i finished -1 for the 4 rounds on that hole (3 pars 1 birdie) which i wouldn't doubt was the best average.
I was in the gallery on Saturday and saw you park it on #17. Probably the best shot I saw all day. Congrats on the win!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Par Member

I think you have to put those 270000 people watching into perspective. Finland has a total population of about 5.5 million. If you translate that to US population this would mean around 15million tuning in for 3 holes of discgolf. Usually ratings are calculated in households - so I don't know if this is really people or households.

I guess a superbowl gets a couple more views, but has anyone numbers for similar rank ball golf events?

The long daylight is really nice - but it is followed by a quite dark period as well. This is perfectly fine if you have an outdoor job. I actually really like the dark winter time so I can get some rest before the next summer...
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 AM

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Your answer has been told in many threads here, and mentioned by David Feldberg, among others. Basically disc golf has no baggage in Scandinavia. Here, the game's roots are often our own undoing.
That's probably true, but we should not forget Jussi Meresmaa's huge part in bringing the sport to where it's now in Finland. He's done an awesome job being an ambassador in the most positive way. In my opinion there's a really good "frisbee spirit" amongst players here in Finland. I'm sure that watching the US top players comradery in youtube coverages has helped a lot with that too.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
I'm sure it is good press to release the footage of the event but maybe Jussi made a deal with finish TV and just can't show it for a period of time. Kinda weird that there is 4 days of coverage done and they aren't planning on releasing it.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
I'm sure it is good press to release the footage of the event but maybe Jussi made a deal with finish TV and just can't show it for a period of time. Kinda weird that there is 4 days of coverage done and they aren't planning on releasing it.
kind of like the KC Worlds video no one is ever going to get to see
Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Par Member

They only have that kinda footage from the last three holes. + some additional clips.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 4
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
To make sure everybody understands; the four days of coverage is by lcgm8, not by the Finnish TV.

I just don't get it if lcgm8 is not able to release the material on YouTube, that's just complete baloney. This guy does by far the best coverage of DG in my opinion and has been doing so for a few years now. Suddenly when it's the biggest event in Europe someone else gets "exclusive rights". That's just against the whole spirit of the game and a huge disservice for the whole DG community. Shame on whoever went and made such a deal - especially if it's not because of the national TV coverage but a deal with some other online resource such as SpinTV.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopuli View Post
To make sure everybody understands; the four days of coverage is by lcgm8, not by the Finnish TV.

I just don't get it if lcgm8 is not able to release the material on YouTube, that's just complete baloney. This guy does by far the best coverage of DG in my opinion and has been doing so for a few years now. Suddenly when it's the biggest event in Europe someone else gets "exclusive rights". That's just against the whole spirit of the game and a huge disservice for the whole DG community. Shame on whoever went and made such a deal - especially if it's not because of the national TV coverage but a deal with some other online resource such as SpinTV.
I agree! I can't imagine why someone would want to turn a profit for their time, energy equipment and staff used to film and not simply put it on a place where everyone can view it for free. How dare he?!?

*sarcasm off*
Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
I agree! I can't imagine why someone would want to turn a profit for their time, energy equipment and staff used to film and not simply put it on a place where everyone can view it for free. How dare he?!?

*sarcasm off*
As much as I hate the possibility of this not making the internet, this is correct. We can't expect world class, HD, full round coverage for free. Which is why I said I would pay for the EO dvd

If it's produced by lcgm8

Old 07-25-2013, 12:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopuli View Post

i see. I guess showing it live had some strings attached. but make the video and upload it to a torrent. :P...I'm not even sure that kinda of talk is legal on the forum but he could do it but he would not get credit for it and would be hard to find.