Old 06-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
meeting dg'ers on the course.

I just wanted to post that in the short time I have been playing I've met some really nice peeps on the course. I played competitive sports as a youth and coached my son in baseball for several years. it's crazy how some people are. I know DG is very competitive and there are douches everywhere, but so far I don't see it. this is one aspect of the game I really like!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 21
Welcome to the addiction. I agree with you that most DGers are really chill laided back people. You will run into the occasional group of players that have no concern for anyone else but I think that in reality those are the minority. Again welcome to the strange world DG and DGCR.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Just got back from a round met two guys out there, both good dudes. I have met some cool peeps also. You will run into the d bags too, but in my case for the vast majority of people I run into out there are solid. Have found several people that can play at the same time as me, it's nice not to shoot solo all the time.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 5
I like this post a lot. I have recently played some new courses and found the locals friendly and helpful.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Last year when I was in the DFW area I hit up three courses. At each one I just walked up to the first bunch of locals I saw and started talking. Each one was friendly and super helpful with navigation. I wouldn't actually say I had a bad experience disc golfing until yesterday and that was a local guy. For the most part I find the average disc golfer to be above average in the nice and cool department.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

earlier this "spring" i ran into some total douchebags when i was rollin solo. funny how nobody barks when the crews out.. since then ive encountered the nicest, most unique people from all around the country.. still nobody from this place though.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 12
Mr. glass I love your farmhouse pic. I saw many shows in the 90's until the first hiatus.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Mr. glass I love your farmhouse pic. I saw many shows in the 90's until the first hiatus.
Me too, sitting at 53 shows so far. It's harder to see them now that I'm an adult, but I love them. Cannot wait to hear some new tunes. Farmhouse was my college anthem. Love that album!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 166
One of the things that got me even more interested in my addiction was meeting some extraordinarily helpful DG'ers when I first started playing in 2011. Of course, I'd toss a few in the weeds, so I was impressed when the next guy to come along would ask, "what color?" and spend five minutes helping me. Turns out he was in town (Cincinnati) from Minnesota. Another time, I planted one in a cypress tree, and a guy (from Wisconsin!) climbed up there and got it for me. Those two stick in my mind.

I'd say it's a rarity when I've seen anything less out there. Now that I keep most of mine in the fairway, I try to be the helpful one when I can.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 41.3
Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
I just wanted to post that in the short time I have been playing I've met some really nice peeps on the course. I played competitive sports as a youth and coached my son in baseball for several years. it's crazy how some people are. I know DG is very competitive and there are douches everywhere, but so far I don't see it. this is one aspect of the game I really like!
From my experience, with a few exceptions DGers are very competitive at the tournament level or if there's money on the table. But in a casual round or even most leagues, it's about playing your game not beating the other guy. One thing I've rarely seen is the competitiveness leave the course.