Old 07-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOURNEYPLAYER View Post
dude, you do not need another bag. stop drooling
LOL! One can never have too many bags! I'm actually awaiting my 2nd run contender so two is my limit for now. If your wondering (which I know you are) I bought the contender to take some heat off my mahal...plus I had nothing better to spend my birthday money on
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 01:22 PM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Kickstarter is crowd-sourcing for money. It's dumb. That's what I meant by that.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 13
Kick starter is a good way to get a product released quickly with benefits to those who donate to the kick starter project.

They could take "pre-orders" and have you wait 3 months before you get a bag. At least with the kick starter if they don't get the money, you are not out anything either.

It's a win win for the DG community I think.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
And people said no one has copied the Mahal.......
The mahal doesn't have vertical disc storage
Old 07-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Eagle Member

Comon DJ don't nitpick, it looks like a Mahal with prodiscus side pockets and voodoo verticals. Id like to see a Mahal utilize that little bit of extra space, not that it needs it lol.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 8
Kickstarter is tough unless you have great faith in your audience. A sport like disc golf is difficult to get hundreds of people to back a hypothetical project. It is true that the backers have nothing to lose financially. But if the campaign isn't successful, then the person campaigning is back to square one and has now lost a full month of examining other avenues.

We flock to pre-orders because there is a product being offered. Even if there are delays or hang ups, we still feel we've paid X amount for Y product. Kickstarter is basically asking potential buyers to commit money to just the goal of raising enough to fund the start of a project.

The end result may essentially by the same. Kickstarter is just a preordering system without financial commitment unless it's successful. But the perception is going to be people being asked to donate $150 to the cause of developing a bag and, if it works, getting a free one once the production is eventually completed.

It's a tough sell. Offer to toss a dime bag in the backpack when it's shipped and you'll be fully funded in a week, though.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlasianguy06 View Post
Comon DJ don't nitpick, it looks like a Mahal with prodiscus side pockets and voodoo verticals. Id like to see a Mahal utilize that little bit of extra space, not that it needs it lol.
Coming from a supporter of a company that supposedly copied the hyzer bomb flak i cant help it. Every bag has subtle differences. No two bags are exactly alike. This is a good and awesome looking proto but kickstarter isn't the way to go. I haven't seen a successful disc golf related kickstarter yet but good luck to UB
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Par Member

There are many other rewards to backers other then just a finished back, $20 gets a UB shirt, $20 gets a Creamy Procul. The Kickstarter also helps us gauge the interest and lets us know if it is a good idea to move forward, not one bit of money towards this gets nothing in return, we are by no means looking for a free ride, larger amounts of money from backers will possibly get things like first prototype runs and input into the design process.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post

It's a tough sell. Offer to toss a dime bag in the backpack when it's shipped and you'll be fully funded in a week, though.

That is too funny!

Old 07-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 24
anyone have a link to the kickstarter? I could not find it