Old 07-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHFH
Mark Ellis Putting Confidence Program?

So I watched this 21 min video and understand the confidence part but.....what IS the program? Seemed more like an infomercial, now I gotta buy into the program?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 53
dude, I respect your enthusiasm but you have got to search. You're making 10 new threads a day about stuff that was just on the front page a week ago. Chainchaser had a thread by the same name very recently
Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Birdie Member

Sorry. At least I know who is in charge of the search police. OR, you could have actually posted the thread in question and then reminded me of the search nicely. I guess the testosterone got in the way.

Just sayin.

And now we know why I got beat up in high school 40 years ago. :-) Carry on. I was just so excited but never got the carrot after 21 minutes. My bad.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
Sorry. At least I know who is in charge of the search police. OR, you could have actually posted the thread in question and then reminded me of the search nicely. I guess the testosterone got in the way.
because his post was soooo testosterone-y and aggressive
Old 07-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Birdie Member

Well the thread BOSS sent me to is pretty useless and does not answer my question at all. Thanks. 34 posts of all the same thing I didn't bother to read the next 40.

A simple answer was all that was needed.

But never mind. Perhaps "the program" is simpler then I expected.

I hate the cops. LOL

Sorry. Search cops are a pet peeve.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 07-07-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 47
Basically you need to go out and buy two new matching putters then only practice with them. Look at each putt like it matters and use the same form/setup you use during a round. Finally only practice putts you can make, that means you don't practice putts at a distance further out than what you can make consistently, if that means you are only 10-15' from the basket thats fine. The confidence comes from making putts.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 53
2 putters, 2 sessions a day, 15 minutes each, dont miss. if you are missing, move closer. That was all in the clinic, there's no 3 easy payments of 59.99

not to be douchey or testosterone-y, but you have started 27 threads in a month. I've started 22 in 4 years.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Birdie Member

rocthecourse - that was my question - thanks. I kept thinking I was missing something because.

Quote:
not to be douchey or testosterone-y, but you have started 27 threads in a month. I've started 22 in 4 years.
sooooo - you are not as curious as I am I guess :-) I loath searches - the problem with searches is that in all honesty - everything has already been said - there should be zero new threads and the site and it should should be basically a ghost town because 99% of what is said are just opinions that have already been expressed by someone else.

Telling people to do a search tells others that new ideas are not needed OR wanted because everything has been said already. There is a reason there are 200 poker books on the market that all say the same thing. It's because everyone tells a story slightly different and that one person MIGHT say something that catches in your mind where all others didn't.

I'll stand down and shut up now!

Thread closed! Well, virtually at least!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I think a lot of us want to be heroes and bang those 30 footers all day long. IMO, it's counterproductive to practice long putts for more than a few throws per session. The bulk of our practice putts should be from 20 feet and under. I've seen my putting improve greatly because I put in the time to make 10, 12, 14 footers automatic. This kind of ties in to what Mark Ellis teaches. Make putts. Like he says, it doesn't matter if it's 5 feet. Make those short putts and gain confidence.

Of course you need to at least practice some longer putts, but really pound the short ones. Plus you're closer to the
basket so you can get more reps in. Maybe try it out and see if it helps.
This is how I answered you in your other putter thread. To add to this, I have to ask, how many putters do you have? If you really want to improve your putting, you need at least 5 of the exact same putter. Same weight and everything. This will allow you to really get in plenty of reps, and your putting practice will be that much more efficient.

When you practice your putts, make sure you move around the basket. One good way to mix it up, is to make your 5 putts from the same spot. Then take your 5 putters and go to "stations" around the basket, setting up the putt like you would on the course. That way each putt is fresh, and not just throwing the exact same line. Combining both ways will be effective in helping you gain confidence, and muscle memory.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
Telling people to do a search tells others that new ideas are not needed OR wanted because everything has been said already.
It's more because we don't want the forums filled with trivial shizz that was literally mentioned a week ago.

Also, not everything has been discussed as you claimed. New discs are coming out, new courses opened, new players. And I haven't seen a thread dedicated to chicken wing throw technique in ages.