Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
^ similar situation to zgmc, myself. i used to be a bouncer; pretty good at keeping a level head, but not very tolerant once it becomes apparent that people are doing things on purpose AND willing to straight lie about it.

i can be a little more confrontational, though. i get really jazzed when i see people straight taking stuff or when people throw on my position. no problem calling people out - yeah, i'll be polite the first couple times if you throw at me. sometimes it's what needs to be done. and if you're lying about taking something, i know you're lying about taking my stuff; you know you're lying; you just look stupid if you try to play it off when everybody knows you're really just a stupid little punk so just gimme the disc back before i throw you and all of your stuff into a lake. >_<

not that i'm bitter or anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2013, 01:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 81
just the other day at plymouth mn i lost my blue wasp on hole one. of course i didnt ink it but there was ink from the previous owner i bought it from. i lost it in the creek on the right side of the bridge. this guy behind me pulls a blue disc out of the creek and it looked exactly like mine but it was on the left side of the creek. so either he niped mine right in front of me or it was his. im 99% sure he didnt grab mine but if he did he is an ass. i didnt confront them and run up to them. it is what it is. ill never know...and never see that wasp again
Old 07-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedly View Post
But if you turn your back and walk away from a disc in a water hazard, you've made the decision that the disc is lost. Whoever fishes it out owns it now, because they went to the effort of actually removing it from its watery grave.
People at tournaments don't have such a luxury to stay at a location until they find their disc.

Lost, mislaid and abandoned property laws which are on the books in pretty much every state have also been discussed ad-nauseum on here. They do not favor an automatic precept of "finders keepers" unless it can be determined the property has truly been abandoned, and even there, conditions apply.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
People at tournaments don't have such a luxury to stay at a location until they find their disc.

Lost, mislaid and abandoned property laws which are on the books in pretty much every state have also been discussed ad-nauseum on here. They do not favor an automatic precept of "finders keepers" unless it can be determined the property has truly been abandoned, and even there, the abandoned property becomes the property of the owner of the land upon which the property was found abandoned, and not the property of the finder of the property. So if the city owns the land, you are basically stealing from the city at that point.
FTFY
Old 07-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 28
I had a guys do that multiple times. You handled it fine. Some people are just rude.. Nothing you can do to change it.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 12
My bag will never be searched. I may show a person a disc, but only if they are polite. I may...
Old 07-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampora View Post
What if you ran to your car to fetch your golden retriever?
I'll give you this one, but let's be realistic. This one never happens, and on top of it, if the guy comes back CLEARLY equipped to go in and get it himself, he's not abandoning the disc, and so it's still his.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedly View Post
I'll give you this one, but let's be realistic. This one never happens, and on top of it, if the guy comes back CLEARLY equipped to go in and get it himself, he's not abandoning the disc, and so it's still his.
"Never?"

I've done it.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 30
I have "abandoned" lost discs before out of consideration for the rest of the guys I'm playing with. That doesn't mean I relinquish any claim, it just means I realize they would rather play disc golf than wait around endlessly while I look for my disc.

I'm not going to lose any sleep if I never see the disc again, but it is still my disc. The "finders, keepers" argument is rather weak no matter how you try to justify it.

Curtis

Old 07-13-2013, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
When I get in these types of situations I just look at the person with a disgusted face and say "Did you just touch my penis? What the hell is wrong with you pervert? I'm not your love doll!"

They normally just get away from me really fast or start laughing. Either way situation difused.