Old 07-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 127
Throwing Style: RHBH
I hyzer flip a couple of discs that start flat and slowly turn over. Sidewinder, fuse, and summit all work great for this.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
some of you are going to confuse this guy.

you DO NOT have to hyzer flip a disc to get it to turnover. so i'm not sure why everybody keeps saying to hyzer flip it. you can throw a disc flat or an an anny and get it to turnover. though if you throw an understable disc flat it'll turn over faster and if you throw it anny it'll probably turn in to a roller.

basically what they are doing is called the turnover, the disc is losing it's stability and turning to the right. generally you're going to use an understable disc to accomplish a shot like this but you can turnover stable discs as well if you torque it.

i use a fuse for this kind of shot but anything in that stability range would work just fine.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 39
It's probably something very under stable. to get that late of a turn in a rhbh shot you have to throw something flippy enough that you can throw it with hyzer, have it flip to flat, and then start turning. Discs that perform that line for me are: very beat flat top roc, aeros, beat in comets, and i have a super beat pro wraith that does it for longer shots.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
some of you are going to confuse this guy.

you DO NOT have to hyzer flip a disc to get it to turnover. so i'm not sure why everybody keeps saying to hyzer flip it. you can throw a disc flat or an an anny and get it to turnover.

basically what they are doing is called the turnover, the disc is losing it's stability and turning to the right. generally you're going to use an understable disc to accomplish a shot like this but you can turnover stable discs as well if you torque it.

i use a fuse for this kind of shot but anything in that stability range would work just fine.
people are saying hyzer flip because of how late the shot turns in the video he referenced. My experience is for that late of a turn you have to start it hyzer so that the turn occurs later in the flight.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
yea but the way it's being said in some posts makes it seem like you have to hyzer it and i'm just pointing out that's incorrect. i agree on the hole in the video you'll want a bit of hyzer but not a lot and all of that is also depending on what disc you're throwing.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
yea but the way it's being said in some posts makes it seem like you have to hyzer it and i'm just pointing out that's incorrect. i agree on the hole in the video you'll want a bit of hyzer but not a lot and all of that is also depending on what disc you're throwing and how much snap you have
FTFY
Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Ricky no, he's throwing Sidearm....
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
You don't have to hyzer it, but I don't know many discs you can release flat... fly 250 feet then start to turn for 100 feet. A hyzer flip is the most logical shot to create that sort of a line. The disc doesn't have to be super flippy either. A lot of torque on a neutral disc will flip it, especially when throwing on a 360 foot hole. This is a good 330-360 footer, and I always overcalculate the amount of hyzer to get through the gap and get to the basket. It's effectively a straight hole. The basket is no more than 10 feet off the inside line. Played it many times. Garrett's shot looks flatter as he aims farther toward the treeline left and it is turning as it goes through the gap, where Dave and Nikko are pretty much releasing at the left side of the gap and the disc is hitting the turn (flip) as it is going through the pinchpoint.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
To get a very late turn, it takes some OAT. You need a wrist roll under. After that, it's just a matter of knowing how much hyzer or anhyzer you need to get it to flip the amount you're looking for.

When you want something to flip, my general rule is to disc down to something slower that will hold a turn longer.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
You don't have to hyzer it, but I don't know many discs you can release flat... fly 250 feet then start to turn for 100 feet. A hyzer flip is the most logical shot to create that sort of a line. The disc doesn't have to be super flippy either. A lot of torque on a neutral disc will flip it, especially when throwing on a 360 foot hole. This is a good 330-360 footer, and I always overcalculate the amount of hyzer to get through the gap and get to the basket. It's effectively a straight hole. The basket is no more than 10 feet off the inside line. Played it many times. Garrett's shot looks flatter as he aims farther toward the treeline left and it is turning as it goes through the gap, where Dave and Nikko are pretty much releasing at the left side of the gap and the disc is hitting the turn (flip) as it is going through the pinchpoint.
I wouldn't say a hyzer flip is the most logical shot for that line, it really depends on the wind, distance, obstacles in the way, disc familiarity, & the ceiling height. For many shots a anhyzer or turnover would be better than a hyzer flip.