Old 07-27-2013, 04:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
You'd have to browse creepy cult forums to find people who are this into the subject matter. Or maybe we qualify as a creepy cult.

That said, the so-called trolling on here is bush league. I'm not sure we even have legitimate trolls. Or they may just /B undercover.
I C Wat U did there.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate View Post
it was just something I thought about
Kids these days ...think every idea is worth sharing.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 100
I've thought about this a little more and i've decided to organize a "disc shavings clean-up" at our local course, immediately after random dubs.
Bring the smallest rake you got, or just some toothbrushes. And a magnifying glass....
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Par Member

Ever wanna punch a friend in the back of the head cuz they litter everywhere? I got this one friend that im basically dropping and one of the reasons is he has no respect for the rest of the world. He's like " hey man Im creating a job!" I tell him all the time he's a drain on society and a pos. Ive been yelling at him for years and my friends used to call me captain planet cuz of it. Im not captain planet, Im just not a cunt. Seriously wanna **** the dude up as Im talking about it now.

Ah now what do we do about all of these disc shavings.....
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Eagle Member

Don't hold back, man, tell us how you really feel.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
don't fret planeteers... when all discs are made out of graphene there will be no more shavings.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon102 View Post
Ever wanna punch a friend in the back of the head cuz they litter everywhere? I got this one friend that im basically dropping and one of the reasons is he has no respect for the rest of the world. He's like " hey man Im creating a job!"
I had a friend who said the same thing. He once threw a McDonald's bag out of my car while we were on the highway. I slammed on the brakes, pulled over, and made him go back and pick it up. He's lucky we were in the right lane when he threw it out of the window...

We haven't spoken much since. Littering is as deplorable as theft to me.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 66
The problem will be solved soon. I have inside information that I'll share. You guys remember all that unobtainium that they've been mining on that one planet with the tall blue dudes.....Well all that shiz is now almost back to earth. Well it turns out that it's the ideal substance to make disc golf discs out of. So, once these discs get in circulation, and it's coming soon, the shavings from these unobtanium discs will actually counteract all of the badness if you will of petroleum based plastic. Remember you heard it here first.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 20
This is a bit overkill. Most even "green" people pollute the earth everyday with out noticing. Other sources of pollution is a much bigger deal and discing is not one of them. Spend your time worrying about all the salt cities put on their roads that run straight into lakes, and things of that sort. Not microscopic shavings that get covered up by leaves every year. Get your green head out of your *** and worry about real problems, not problems that have little or no effect on the world. Immediately I regret saying that, but it needed to be done. Enjoy disc golf because it is one of the most "green" sports you can play.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
This is true. Bottled water and discarded bottles are a far bigger problem than you would imagine. In fact, tons of discarded bottles that are meant to be recycled, are actually shipped off to third world countries and piled up in mountains of plastic. Same with 'recycled' electronic equipment, recycling takes time and effort, so many advanced countries simply ship their waste overseas to let then deal with the pollution and hazards.
You make it sound like those countries are forced to take garbage. Its their own fault, they accept payment, irresponsible leaders are the real problem.