Disc Golf Store
Old 07-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhgonzo View Post
I lost my beloved blank medium Ion (not a FR, but an early model) at Lemon Lake, got home and had a message on my machine..."Uhh, I found what appears to be a midrange of some kind...give me a call and I'll arrange to get it back to you." Several return calls and messages ignored...I'm thinking one of dude's buddies recognized it and offered an okay amount of ching for it, so now he can't arrange for any kind of return. And to think I was going to send him an OOP Pro Line Leopard AND $20 for its safe return!

Don't effing call if you can be that easily swayed into selling someone else's property, and don't advertise yourself as a noble returner of plastic. Douche.

/butthurt
Wow lol. What a jerk!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Wow lol. What a jerk!
I've considered posting his name here to see if anyone knows him...

...and to put a nail in the coffin of any "disc karma" claims, I found and returned local Bart Z's disc shortly after losing mine.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 AM

I didn't mean to imply that all teens today are not "nice". I was just shocked when I got a $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant AND and a $30 gift cert to Sports Authority for returning the kids disc. I called him after I received the gifts, and he was insistant that I keep them. He genuinely loves the sport of disc golf, and wants to foster the sense of community in the sport, which I think is important since the sport depends on public spaces and public resources.

As for cost of sending the disc, it only costs about $3 to send a disc via USPS. No big deal.

I'll pay this kindness forward in some way.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Eagle Member

I found a couple dollars on the course the other day. It was early morning and only one other dude was out playing. I tracked him down and was like "Hey man, you drop something?" He looked confused and said "Like what?" I told him "I can't really tell you, but maybe you're missing something from one of your pockets?" He stared at me for a moment and said "Uh, I'm good, thanks" and quickly walk/jogged away. Maybe he thought I was cruising for dudes? I was just trying to do the right thing. Got some beer instead. Thanks for dropping money, random stranger!