Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: Should Prodigy do away with the "mixed bag"?
Yes, now that they have some semblance of a full line-up. 28 25.23%
Yes, but wait 'til the next touring season of 2014. 61 54.95%
No, let them throw whatever helps them throw the best shot. 14 12.61%
Other.... 8 7.21%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Courses Played: 2
Question Should Prodigy do away with the "mixed bag"?

With the recent release of the four fairway drivers, I was curious as to when the Prodigy owners would say to their sponsored players "Ok guys, it's time to just throw Prodigy".

I'm not saying Prodigy's 16 discs covers every shot (maybe they do, I don't know) and I'm definitely not the person to tell Prodigy owners or players what to do.

I completely understood why they started that way, being that when they started the company they only had two distance drivers (I don't care how good you are, you can't win a high level tournament with your only discs being two distance drivers), but as they came out with more discs, I noticed they were filling out their line-up quite nicely.

I'm just curious what others thought about the Prodigy "mixed-bag" situation and how long it'll be before Prodigy players throw only Prodigy discs.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
The story goes that they have to be 100% Prodigy by the new year. That's just what Iv'e heard though.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 93
I'm the management team at Prodigy will allow them to finish the year as is... then switch in 2014.

They'll want to list every tournament win by the team players at year to show off the most successful team results in history. They already have a great start, but to ensure continued success with the least risk, they'll leave them to choose for the rest of this year.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 46
Could manage some grammar?
Old 07-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Anyone here sponsored by Prodigy?

In which case, I think the only appropriate answer for those of us who aren't is "Who cares?"
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Anyone here sponsored by Prodigy?

In which case, I think the only appropriate answer for those of us who aren't is "Who cares?"
You beat me to it.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 178
I care, but only in this way:

I played with multiple Prodigy players this year. (Ricky didnt count because when I played with him prodigy weren't allowed to be played in tournaments.) The other 2 players...talked Prodigy this Prodigy that, but then in practice threw 1 or 2 shots with one and in the tournament none. In fact one of the players was throwing Innova even though he had been sponsored by Discraft. So, I care because it gave me valuable information. It told me that they dont have confidence in the discs. Innova has the best drivers (destroyer) and fairway drivers, Discraft has the best Mids, and just throw what ever looks like an Aviar for a putter (Aviar, Wizard, Challenger)
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 AM

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
I'm the management team at Prodigy will allow them to finish the year as is... then switch in 2014.

They'll want to list every tournament win by the team players at year to show off the most successful team results in history. They already have a great start, but to ensure continued success with the least risk, they'll leave them to choose for the rest of this year.
This was the response I was hoping for when I posted this thread. Thanks for the input. It seems most pollsters agree with you in that the players should be allowed to finish the season before they have to modify their bag so they have the winter to adjust their game.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Isn't Will already throwing all Prodigy now?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
Who cares how many wins the team has if they're not even throwing Prodigy plastic???

Even if they are throwing Prodigy all year, no one cares about how they rank historically. I'm not sure there are even solid stats to compare against. Go ahead, show me what the most successful team in history was prior to this year.