Disc Golf Store
Old 07-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
But in reality, this is a great time to be building a disc golf bag and it's only getting better.
It's also a very expensive time.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 05:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterian View Post
Seems to be a lot of bandwagon hate going on around here from people who feel threatened by new companies showing up and feeling like maybe they're missing out on something. But they're afraid to switch over. So they hate.
Who is "they"?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Who is "they"?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm not part of they. I tried the whole MVP thing...the mids and fairways were okay. I thought the putters were horrible. I highly doubt not having time to try new things is the reason pros aren't throwing MVP. If MVP was truly better than the rest, don't you think top pros would want to be all over that?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscNutt123 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I'm not part of they. I tried the whole MVP thing...the mids and fairways were okay. I thought the putters were horrible. I highly doubt not having time to try new things is the reason pros aren't throwing MVP. If MVP was truly better than the rest, don't you think top pros would want to be all over that?
Common sense isn't viewed highly here on DGCR
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Common sense isn't viewed highly here on DGCR
No joke. There are a lot of people on here who worship Mike C (no offense Mike, you're pretty darn good), but even he has started to phase non MVP discs into his bag because MVP is limited to what they can do stability-wise.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

I don't remember anyone necessarily "hating" (what a stupid term) on MVP the company. I have heard many people expressing their dislike of their rabid fans, myself included. The incessant professing of how great MVP is in nearly every thread, related to MVP or not, is nauseating. For instance, just recently I recall a Teebird vs. Eagle thread, where the OP was only asking about the two discs, and on the first page or two I see a couple of these idiots proclaim "The Volt rules". Then you look in an MVP thread where they are discussing a new release and they are all posting about getting boners over their newest piece of plastic.......literally. Now, keep in mind not all of their fans are like this. It's just a select few, but they are the most noticeable and vocal. It's obnoxious.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I don't remember anyone necessarily "hating" (what a stupid term) on MVP the company. I have heard many people expressing their dislike of their rabid fans, myself included. The incessant professing of how great MVP is in nearly every thread, related to MVP or not, is nauseating. For instance, just recently I recall a Teebird vs. Eagle thread, where the OP was only asking about the two discs, and on the first page or two I see a couple of these idiots proclaim "The Volt rules". Then you look in an MVP thread where they are discussing a new release and they are all posting about getting boners over their newest piece of plastic.......literally. Now, keep in mind not all of their fans are like this. It's just a select few, but they are the most noticeable and vocal. It's obnoxious.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:49 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
To me MVP reminds me a lot of those late night golf infromercials....

You know people use it and buy that crap. Yet, do you see a chipper on the PGA Tour?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
This isn't high school.
Kinda is. If you think about it. Atleast when a disc comes out and you don't get it haha.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
To me MVP reminds me a lot of those late night golf infromercials....

You know people use it and buy that crap. Yet, do you see a chipper on the PGA Tour?
Yeah, but MVP does make some legit discs. However, I don't ever want to buy them just based on the fans behavior on DGCR.