Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
ACE RACE in BROOKLYN PARK MN

anybody else going to this? It's this Saturday. i'm going with a couple buddies, hoping the weather is decent and we all have fun while I hit 5 aces
Old 10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
anybody else going to this? It's this Saturday. i'm going with a couple buddies, hoping the weather is decent and we all have fun while I hit 5 aces
I wish! That is my neck of the woods. If I had known about it earlier I would be all over it. I just planned a day trip to play blue ribbon with my parents. They were the ones who got me playing disc golf at 5 and we have never made the trek to East Bethel. I am hoping for good weather as well!

Best of luck in the ace race!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Even though we ran our own Ace Race back in early August, our group always hits this one up as well. We are going to be ranging from 4 to 8 players, one group amongst several that are going to try to tee off at 11am. Although we are going to be there around 10:30 to 10:45, I am assuming because of the back up that we will not be teeing off until around 11:30 to 11:45.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:17 AM
DGCR Vendor

Courses Played: 28
I will be going with a group of four. It shoud be a good time. Seems like it was the same temp last year. COLD!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Eagle Member

Well...Luckily I mostly prepared! Ha.

ALSO, I'm going to have about 20 nice discs to sell. If anyone's interested I'll have em with me.

Cant wait!!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 209
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
GGGT puts on one of the largest ace races every year, so yes a lot of people will be out. Fun course and a fun time!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Eagle Member

Yeah, I wish it was earlier in the year, like, a month ago, just for the temperature
Old 10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Eagle Member

Whatever, Im pumped as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Keep in mind that they changed the format a little accommodate the large crowd they attract. It is not only the Ace Race, but a full regular tournament because this golf course has been closed to normal golfers and we are going to use the whole area. It is 28 holes.

If you are participating in the Ace Race and the tournament, you take your tournament shot first from those designated tee boxes, then you drive from the Ace Race flags (assuming you out drive the AR tee box), go back to your tournament shot, finish out the hole, collect all your discs, and do this for 28 holes.

In previous years this was a huge problem because you would have those you would play in both tournaments and then you would have other groups just playing the Ace Race. Obviously those playing just AR can move faster, but there were so many people that those playing both tournaments could not keep letting every group that came up to them to play through because then they would have to wait forever just for a lull to play that one hole. This would create huge back-ups of AR groups as they waited for the full tournament people to finish out the hole.

And then there were groups that did not care about the full tournament people and would just walk into the middle of the fairway of the full tournament and tee off from the AR flags despite the full tournament people still playing or were about to tee off.

A lot of bad feelings the last two years. So, Char and Charlie decided to break up the flex times. Those wishing to play just the Ace Race should show up at 9am. Those wishing to play the full tournament and the Ace Race should be there at 11am. If just Ace Race people show up after 11, they can still play, but they do not necessarily have the right of way on the course. I think this will tremendously help.

I am looking at having 6-8 people from my group show up to tee off right at 11 (which likely means 11:30 or so). That should put us done around 3 or 4. You will have a lot of fun, but you will be surprised how much of the day it chews up.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:21 PM
DGCR Vendor

Courses Played: 28
I had a great time today playing in the Ace Race. I did not get any aces but I was on target. I got 4 metals. Two were spit outs. We started at 8 and we finished by 9:45. I wish we could have played another round. Till next year.