Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 115
The round-by-round results from the National Team Challenge had been on the event page at the PDGA, but now it just gives an error message. We had printed it while it was still available, but I'm not sure we still have it. Perhaps Jason can provide a copy.

I'm not sure what you mean about the best round, as compared to best shot with A and B teams. Isn't that what we did for Round 3 at the NTC?

The final round at the NTC had about 3 times the value as the match play round. We'll be looking at ways to bring the round values closer together, though possibly still have extra weight for the final round. We're still digesting the lessons learned at the IDGC, hopefully to firm things up this week or next.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I'm not sure what you mean about the best round, as compared to best shot with A and B teams. Isn't that what we did for Round 3 at the NTC?
I was referencing Round 3 with the A and B teams. I meant to say it was my favorite format.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
* Ace Member *

OK, thanks.

I was skeptical of the Round 4 format, but rather enjoyed it when we played. It has the merit of putting the whole team together for the final round. I'm not a fan of alternate shot, but one round like this, especially a final round when exhausted, was fun.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 100
And by the time we get to the final round on the 24 hole quartz layout, you will be happy to only be throwing half the shots.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 27
Sorry guys just checked into this thread, I have been slammed with work since the Team challenge and it will continue into october

I had some errors uploading the results that night and got it fixed later that week. It can all be found here if you haven't already found them: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...ge_SCORING.pdf

Let me know if I can be of more help with your event David, very happy to see people using some of this format. Eventually we would love to have all team tournaments on board to award there winning team a qualification to the National Team Challenge. We are aware that every team event is different but one could still field a team that meets our specifications from their winning team. I will be contacting all team tournament TD's to see if they would liek to be a qualifier starting next year!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Thanks, Jason. I had printed that document before, but not kept it. It'll be a help in our working out our points system.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Just finished the flyer today. As soon as we get the online registration set up, we'll be ready to roll.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Flyer is finally done and registration is OPEN! Start putting your teams together and gearing up for our first-ever team-play event.

You can link to the flyer, which has info on the formats, and the DGU registration page, from our tournament webpage:

www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill/battle.htm
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 51
So, if a team that has a mix of Pros and Ams, they will be paid out based on their designation? (i.e. Pros get cash and Ams get merch)

P.S. I love this idea! This takes me back to playing collegiate nationals...

Old 09-13-2013, 03:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by stun View Post
So, if a team that has a mix of Pros and Ams, they will be paid out based on their designation? (i.e. Pros get cash and Ams get merch)

P.S. I love this idea! This takes me back to playing collegiate nationals...
Yes, that's how the payouts will be handled.

The PDGA wants to make a big push for team-based events in 2014, as an alternative to standard tournaments. We played one at the IDGC a few weeks ago, and it was a blast. This is how they handled the payouts, too (not that my team was involved in anything as lofty as "payouts").