Old 11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 8
NEEDED: Drivers I Won't Turn Over!!!

Sorry for posting almost back to back but I'm thinking some people won't look at my other thread because the title was specific to just wanting Forces and I'm interested in Forces, Pulses or Crushes.

I have 2 ESP Surges. Both a light green and in great shape. 173 and 174 for the weights. I just can't throw these things without turning them over. I'm looking to trade them for a couple of Forces, Pulses or Crushes. I don't really care about color but they do need to be 170+ and would prefer 173+. Let me know if you have some and would be interested in making a trade. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 21
I don't have anything to trade, but I see you haven't been playing all that long and I was just wondering what distance you're throwing. People usually need to be throwing 400+ to turn over a Surge, and when they start to do that it makes a really great hyzer-flip disc. Just some food for thought.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
I don't have anything to trade, but I see you haven't been playing all that long and I was just wondering what distance you're throwing. People usually need to be throwing 400+ to turn over a Surge, and when they start to do that it makes a really great hyzer-flip disc. Just some food for thought.
I love how so many people think that the length of time determines how good someone actually plays. I don't throw 400+, but I sure as hell turn over a Surge if I throw at 90% of my power.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 30
First off, no need to be so quickly and easily insulted. That being said, just like in anything else, newer players tend to have more technique flaws. Nobody is trying to insult you...I personally am a big fan of the Surge and would suggest that maybe you should become proficient with slower discs which are easier to handle rather then trading for even faster discs that are more difficult to handle...especially if you're turning something like a Surge over, which honestly....it's not the disc's fault....or maybe it is the disc's fault, in which case I would suggest some disc obedience classes or if that doesn't work, take it to a doctor and get a prescription for ridilin...that should calm that little sucker down
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 22
Are we talking forehand or backhand here?
Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewf View Post
First off, no need to be so quickly and easily insulted. That being said, just like in anything else, newer players tend to have more technique flaws. Nobody is trying to insult you...I personally am a big fan of the Surge and would suggest that maybe you should become proficient with slower discs which are easier to handle rather then trading for even faster discs that are more difficult to handle...especially if you're turning something like a Surge over, which honestly....it's not the disc's fault....or maybe it is the disc's fault, in which case I would suggest some disc obedience classes or if that doesn't work, take it to a doctor and get a prescription for ridilin...that should calm that little sucker down
Well I can throw my XS about 340' and not turn that over. I throw my Predators about 360'. The Surges I'm throw about 380' and turn them over I'd say 60% of the time. I had a couple Forces before and couldn't throw them for **** but I also couldn't clear 320' at that time to save my life. Now that I'm throwing slower discs over 340' I'm thinking it's time to move back up.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirfan View Post
Are we talking forehand or backhand here?
Backhand.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to shoe59
I would tend to agree with wayne that if you're not throwing 400 and still turning over the surge, you're not throwing it the way it was made to fly. And as wayne said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that because it appears that you just started playing. Shirfan brings up a good point too, do you throw backhand (normal) or forehand (sidearm/flick)?

That being said, if you want something that REALLY won't turn over.... get a Star Boss, they are intense and go a mile if you can throw it right -- I can only get enough snap on mine by throwing it sidearm.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 173
Guys, why don't you answer his question instead of trying to correct technique (Not saying yours is bad, no way to know) over the internet. Sheesh

Old 11-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 65
Send a message via AIM to shoe59
Backhand, I see... a boss might be a little much then. I have never thrown a Force, but i've been meaning to try one. I generally throw innova, but I love my ESP surge so i'll have to check out an ESP force too.