Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe59 View Post
other nice courses i've played in WI:

-Brown Deer and Dretzka (27 holes) in Milwaukee
-Token Creek ($5 pay to play), Heistand, and Elver Parks in or near Madison
-Tower Ridge (36 holes, cross country ski area with sweet elevation changes -- very hard), Eau Claire
-Standing Rocks and Yulga, Stevens Point
Thanks for the info. I'll add them to my list of courses to play!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 6
Send a message via MSN to mambrose
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe59 View Post
I would tend to agree with wayne that if you're not throwing 400 and still turning over the surge, you're not throwing it the way it was made to fly. And as wayne said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that because it appears that you just started playing. Shirfan brings up a good point too, do you throw backhand (normal) or forehand (sidearm/flick)?

That being said, if you want something that REALLY won't turn over.... get a Star Boss, they are intense and go a mile if you can throw it right -- I can only get enough snap on mine by throwing it sidearm.
dont encourge him, it took me a month to get him to convert to discraft
Old 11-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprnva View Post
That's right, your OPINION. You have 100% no idea who I am or how I play. The amount of time a person has been doing something doesn't mean they fit into the "standard" of other's that have been doing the same thing. That would be like saying that someone that has been playing disc golf for say, 30 years, would have to automatically play better than people like Nate Doss or Nikko Lacastro because they haven't even been alive that long!
Congratulations on missing my point. It doesn't matter if you've been playing one month or ten years, if you're throwing a Surge 380' and turning it over 60% of the time, there is something wrong with your form. That's ok...you don't have to believe me...you throw absolutely perfect and it's completely the disc's fault that it's turning over.

Quote:
Please, stay out of my thread.
No.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Congratulations on missing my point. It doesn't matter if you've been playing one month or ten years, if you're throwing a Surge 380' and turning it over 60% of the time, there is something wrong with your form. That's ok...you don't have to believe me...you throw absolutely perfect and it's completely the disc's fault that it's turning over.

No.
Who are you? I want to go out and find all your videos and a list of your titles since you seem to know so much and be so good. What gives you the right to come in here and tell anyone what they can and can't do and what they are and aren't capable of? Did I ever even ask for anyone's opinion on what I disc to get? Nope. I have every right to get whatever disc I want. I know what I should be throwing better than anyone else. You are nothing. A nobody. You don't even matter. Deal with it.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
Trying to not start an insult war.....its just I had the same problem....I was unknowingly anny snapping a star destroyer and barely getting over 300 ft with it.....the pros told me to use slower discs but my pride got the best of me and I made a fool of myself! If your truly throwing flat that disc should go a hell of a lot further than it is! But regardless get a MAX and try your OAT out on that disc. Not insulting just skeptical and trying to help....BTW I suck but learned why I suck on this site...be open to suggestions w/o getting mad no one is trying to insult you or your game.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 10
Send a message via MSN to valkyrie
So this is where its going down?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 89
I might be interested. I have a brand new Z Force that I don't see myself putting into rotation much

For the record, i can throw over 400 and still use the Surge as a straight, out of the box, stable flyer without worry of it turning over. it will flip up sometimes but never "flip over"
It compliments my flippier champ wraith nicely. I hit a 411' downhill ace with an ESP surge a few weeks ago
Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
Trying to not start an insult war.....its just I had the same problem....I was unknowingly anny snapping a star destroyer and barely getting over 300 ft with it.....the pros told me to use slower discs but my pride got the best of me and I made a fool of myself! If your truly throwing flat that disc should go a hell of a lot further than it is! But regardless get a MAX and try your OAT out on that disc. Not insulting just skeptical and trying to help....BTW I suck but learned why I suck on this site...be open to suggestions w/o getting mad no one is trying to insult you or your game.
I'm open to suggestions, when I ask for them. I just can't stand people jumping in my thread and saying that I'm wrong without knowing me at all and just assuming whatever they want. Not everything is the same for everyone. If that was the case, everyone would just tie for 1st place at all the tournaments and disc golf would be worse off than it currently is.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 10
Send a message via MSN to valkyrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheAce View Post
I might be interested. I have a brand new Z Force that I don't see myself putting into rotation much

For the record, i can throw over 400 and still use the Surge as a straight, out of the box, stable flyer without worry of it turning over. it will flip up sometimes but never "flip over"
It compliments my flippier champ wraith nicely. I hit a 411' downhill ace with an ESP surge a few weeks ago
Gratz on the ace! (and check out this new emot icon too!)

Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheAce View Post

PM sent.

Congrats on the ace!