Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
If this person is who I think it is, I'm in disbelief. There's definitely a 2nd side of the story.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Eagle Member

When in doubt start a thread and summon the DGCR lynch mob.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
So I ask if we can play through (...) and the response I get from this person that I referred to earlier is "there's a group of 10 in front of us".

Basically this guy was lying and trying to get us to move to a different course.

it's a group of leaguers trying to intimidate us off of the course by holding us up.
That's a MASSIVE injustice to come to those conclusions from the, possibly accidental, misrepresentation of the foremost group. Did you REALLY feel like he was trying to intimidate you in some way by claiming a traffic jam?

inĚtimĚiĚdate: 1. To make timid; fill with fear. 2. To coerce or inhibit by or as if by threats.

Sounds fishy to me.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Birdie Member

i'm not seeing how you are getting from not being allowed to play through to "Basically this guy was lying and trying to get us to move to a different course."
Old 08-26-2013, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
When in doubt start a thread and summon the DGCR lynch mob.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 13
I cannot speak to the specific incident and there are always two sides to a story.

However, I can relate and confirm that there is sometimes a better-than-thou attitude from regular league players. I don't play competitively and I know that I'm not a pro player. I don't need attitude from someone on the course who is better than I when I'm playing to relax.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
I think your reading way to much into it. Its very possible the group ahead of them wasnt letting anyone play through. Like they had been playing behind them and were stuck there. This is totally possible and in this case there is no issue with how they acted. If they knew they couldnt play through then letting you play through does nothing other than slow things down. Situations like this happen all the time. Some rounds you just need to slow down and deal with it.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
^I think your reading too much into it.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
I think your reading way to much into it. Its very possible the group ahead of them wasnt letting anyone play through. Like they had been playing behind them and were stuck there. This is totally possible and in this case there is no issue with how they acted. If they knew they couldnt play through then letting you play through does nothing other than slow things down. Situations like this happen all the time. Some rounds you just need to slow down and deal with it.
The group ahead of them was part of the same crew. They were all practicing an alternate layout on the course and playing very slowly (which is completely fine).

In front of those 2 groups the course was 100% empty. There really wasn't a justifiable reason to not let a faster group play through.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 59
First off, get thicker skin. If the fact that a group wouldn't let you play through & you had to post ion DGCR, you have some serious issues. Also I bet that the person who said that there was a group of ten people in front of them was just an exaggeration. Many people exaggerate out of habit& I also doubt he/the group was trying to get you of the course. Either you've had previous interaction with this guy/the group or you just have a quick temper. Also just b/c people are in leagues & tourneys doesn't mean that they're talented players or that they have better course etiquette than casual players. Don't pin this on them b/c they are league players, they don't represent league players as a whole. It may have seemed like a dick move to you that they wouldn't let you play through but even if you where in a smaller group than them they could have been better players than you & your friends. That sounds like a bad excuse but I know from experience that a group a three bad players usually takes a lot longer to play a hole than a group of 5 great players. If it takes a person two or three shots to get to the same spot you get to in one shot it will no doubt take them longer to play. I understand that accuracy plays a roll in this also but I'm talking in general.