Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHFH
Best promo event set ups

I am running my third event next month. So far I have done a birdie bash in may, dd two disc challenge in July and now ace race for September. My question is for those who run events which style do you prefer? I have found some plus and negatives for all so far
Birdie bash: great selection and choices for players, t shirt sizes, and online pay (which means no out of pocket expense). Company handled registration and sends list of players and disc wanted.
Negative for bash would be alot of set up time pairing disc request together with correct shirt size and disc weights. Took almost 4 hours to do 72 player packs
Dd two disc challenge: popular brand easy to sale. Mixture of disc if wanted. No set up, just grouped all disc together by type and first come first serve. Could do shotgun start so less check in headaches.
Negative: out of pocket expense, must create own list, no easy online sign up.
Ace race: all same disc, easy hand out, history of event
Negative: no online registration, PDGA pending disc (actually had someone ask why they would want that, tried to explain more then likely it would be) out of pocket expense.

So which do you prefer to run and are you more then likely to run and event over another because of a pro or con?
Sponsored Links