Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
my home course is one of the hilliest in the area and fairly long. if you play all 27 holes in a 4some, it can take 3 hrs. i did loose about 15lbs playing this year
Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 PM

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
It all depends on how you play. The other day I played 1 18 round of speed golf in about 30 minutes give or take. Today I played two rounds with a group of 7 and we basically played a speed round with 7 people. On our second round we caught up to a group of three that started well before we finished our first round. Basically it was throw a drive(or two-three) grab bag, walk briskly to discs. Throw putt in or approach. walk briskly and hole out. Rinse and repeat. If you are constantly playing, you are moving. I know some people that take multiple breaks per round. Yes they are being active, but not at necessarily exercise level. You will be much more active playing disc golf than the person sitting on the couch.
I love speed golf. Watched Adam Olsen and Mike Randolph play timed rounds at the chateau course - quality and speed!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 PM

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaber View Post
You guys have done great things with your course at Camden II. Such a workout playing a round!

I'm serious, if you want to get in a round at a great course with some excellent elevation, go there. Now.
Thank you! We have over 600 work days in 6 years and have had an average of 5 guys every Monday for the last two years (at least April - October). We enjoy the process and love that people enjoy the golf!

Thanks again!
Old 01-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 17
I've lost 200lbs from playing disc golf the past 2 years. Yes it's great exercise and don't let anyone tell you it's not. From walking the various terrain, elevation changes, carrying a bag full of discs, arm movement, etc, etc. This game has literally saved my life.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 7
It better be good exercise because it's replaced my morning 2 mile speed walk! I play mornings and have the course to pretty much myself so I can get around pretty quick, usually 30 minutes or less for 9 holes. I play an average of 18-36 holes a day.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Walking is a very underrated exercise - walking with purpose and having fun? Fugetaboutit!