Old 09-04-2013, 02:02 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Please help

Hi guys. I've been wanting to post a vid here to be critiqued but my swing is so inconsistent that I though it would be a waste of time since it feels different each round. Anyway, I usually have a decent round every other time I play (1-2 times a week) where I don't burn worms or miss all the way to right, or round my shoulders or...you get the idea.

For 3 weeks now, I've been struggling and nothing feels right. I'll get a decent shot when it feels like I've shanked it, I'll burn it to the ground when it feels solid coming out of my hand, etc.

A little history: I've been playing for over a year. Had surgery for a torn ACL 3 months ago. I'm only able to play once, and if I'm lucky twice a week for a round or 2.

The video's dark and I tried my best to brighten it up. I know it may be the worst angle and lighting but I hope one of you can tell me at least one thing I can work on.

Please help, I was so desperate enough to record myself tonight....and sorry for the long post.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
You are swinging before your weight transfers to the front leg and your balance gets behind your heels. Fixing this might increase the torque on your knees. Working from a standstill will help and the torque will be about the same as a golf shot. Getting your spine/weight to the front leg properly before throwing will increase consistency and efficiency ten fold.

Read/watch:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=94910
Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Par Member

Awesome, thanks Sidewinder! I'm glad you saw something in the darkness. That tee-pad had the best lighting and it was a spur of the moment to do this.

Anyway, what's the best angle for this? I think I read that top left of the tee is best.

Thanks again.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Yea top left is good angle. Straight from behind is also good to see other things. Bird eye view is also great if you can.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Par Member

Here's a side-view, finally. Besides starting my throw before the weight transfer, is there anything else I can work on?
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

You are cooked on the x-step once your weight goes to the rear heel. Your stride is so long you can't get your weight forward and throw from an off balance non-athletic horse stance. You need to drop your throwing shoulder in the backswing and get the hips into the throw, go over the vids in the link above and start from a standstill.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Par Member

Thank again sidewinder. I was finally able to work on my x step yesterday and it definitely helped. I'm assuming you meant crooked. I'll post another vid when i get a chance.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Birdie Member

I see this a lot in what most people call the "reach back". This should not be called that because if you physically 'reach back' it is a waste of energy that could be used in your pull.
Dont actually reach back.
Leave your hand and disc in one spot while your body's momentum moves forward.
It saves energy and allows for an easier snap.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Birdie Member

Nevermind, after seeing the other video, you did a good job of that. Good!

Old 11-11-2013, 01:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwing View Post
Thank again sidewinder. I was finally able to work on my x step yesterday and it definitely helped. I'm assuming you meant crooked. I'll post another vid when i get a chance.
Nope, I meant cooked as in done for past recovery like around 2:20: