Old 09-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 4
Someone is a giant man child

So, I ordered a couple of discs from discgolfcenter back on the 27th of August. My frugality chose the free shipping. Well, as the title states, I am a giant man child and couldn't wait for the discs to arrive in the mail. Didn't realize that it was gonna over 2 weeks for "free" delivery. So, I hit up the local disc shop and bought a Champion Roc+ and a Champion TL. Well, I'm falling for this game even harder now that I have some discs that "I" can throw decently. Well, decent enough for me to be happy with the results. The Roc was amazing. Flies straight where it's pointed. Like an arrow with little movement. Well, that is until I sky one off #14 at Whistlers Bend and it hooks down the hill to the parking lot behind the showers. (If you've played there then you'll know how off line I was) The TL was almost just as nice. It's a bit faster than the Roc+, but when I was able to get off a good form throw it went and went. Longest drive records set for myself today. Several times. Had a freaking blast. The online purchased discs should be here Thursday. (Dx Roc and Pro-D buzz) Some folks told me to buy the champion Roc as it doesn't fly the same as the DX. Guess we'll find out Thursday as I plan to beat em up then as well.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: LHBH
Welcome to the site, the sport, the addiction.

However (and this is a positive thing) you're using the term wrong. Manchildren are grown adult men who act like 8-year olds arguing over a game of after school kickball when anything remotely controversial happens on the disc golf course.

I would dub you "enamored with the game, with the whimsy and child-like excitement of christmas morning"...or something flowery like that

It's a good thing.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
I've always recieved my discs from DGC within a few business days when getting the free shipping. My last order was done on Monday afternoon, shipped Tuesday and at my door on Saturday.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Welcome to the site, the sport, the addiction.

However (and this is a positive thing) you're using the term wrong. Manchildren are grown adult men who act like 8-year olds arguing over a game of after school kickball when anything remotely controversial happens on the disc golf course.

I would dub you "enamored with the game, with the whimsy and child-like excitement of christmas morning"...or something flowery like that

It's a good thing.
You're probably right. My manchildness was in reference to not having the patience to wait. I've been stuck playing with discs that are above my skill level (Destroyer,beast and maybe the Starfire). Playing has been fun, but not as fun as it could/should be. Plus, the weather is amazing today. Had to get out there and play a round.

Do you do the free shipping or do you pay for shipping? I did the free deal and I'm in Oregon. Where are you at? I see they are in Florida. Still, no damn reason for it to take this long. A bit disappointed with my first interaction with them...
Old 09-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
I placed my first ever order with DGC, chose free shipping, and got them in about a week (Southern Colorado). I did get a shipping notification, with a FedEx tracking number. Have you recieved that?

I note that their free shipping is by FedEx Ground, and that has been spotty over the years for me. If there has been a delay I'd guess it is with FedEx.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Wait til you break that Champ TL in, then you'll really see it's awesomeness
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 12
You live in Oregon and they are in Florida. Of course it will take some time to get there. We all wish the mail moved faster. Beats paying $20.00 for overnight delivery. Welcome to the sport.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcc View Post
I placed my first ever order with DGC, chose free shipping, and got them in about a week (Southern Colorado). I did get a shipping notification, with a FedEx tracking number. Have you recieved that?

I note that their free shipping is by FedEx Ground, and that has been spotty over the years for me. If there has been a delay I'd guess it is with FedEx.
Oh yea. I got that a day or 2 after I placed my order. They do that FedEx smartpost. Where FedEx ships it, but USPS delivers it. I just remembered we had the holiday on Monday which prolly slow things down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Wait til you break that Champ TL in, then you'll really see it's awesomeness
I'm hoping my skills come up as it breaks it. It was extremely difficult for me to keep it straight. Might be just a bit too fast for me right now, but I think that alongside the Roc will be a good combo for me. Plus, I found a Lat 64 Halo today so I've got a fast driver in the bag waiting for me to get there.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 52
Their free shipping is pretty slow but usually around 7 business days to Houston.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
The last time I ordered from DGC it took 3 days with free shipping to San Diego. The Disc Golf Store also has free fast shipping. Better luck next time.