Old 09-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
ooh youre kinda local too..

WELL. obviously we have a mvp thief in minnesota.

im climbin in your trees- im snatchin your vectors up
tryna bag em so yall need to hide yo kings hide your ions
hide ya giants hide yo tangents
hide ya tursai hide yo volts
and hide yo tensors, cause im baggin all the discs out there

YOU DONT HAVE TO INK EM THATS A MESS- I AINT GON CALL YOU
IM GONNA BAG THEM, IM GONNA THROW THEM

SO YOU CAN RUN AND TELL THAT
RUN AND TELL THAT
RUN AND TELL THAT
HOME BOY HOME HOME HOME BOY
I just sang this in my head.....bravo sir, bravo!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:

RUN AND TELL THAT
RUN AND TELL THAT
Awesome
Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:

RUN AND TELL THAT
RUN AND TELL THAT
Intruder Song...this has only been stuck in my head for over 2 years!

http://youtu.be/Vegd7EPdOss
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Unfortunately most people keep the discs (but maybe its just a MN thing)

I have never gotten a call in 5 years and made many, which all ended up being more of a waste of time than it was worth for me to return their $10 piece of plastic.

Its a friggin disc that you throw around outside into stuff-- THEY ARE GOING TO GET LOST (not stolen)...YOU LOST IT' Do you guys file police reports for your dropped change too?!

Nolan- Hide yo mids.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Unfortunately most people keep the discs (but maybe its just a MN thing)

I have never gotten a call in 5 years and made many, which all ended up being more of a waste of time than it was worth for me to return their $10 piece of plastic.

Its a friggin disc that you throw around outside into stuff-- THEY ARE GOING TO GET LOST (not stolen)...YOU LOST IT' Do you guys file police reports for your dropped change too?!

Nolan- Hide yo mids.
Unfortunately it is a very MN to keep discs. I hate to really stereotype the younger/ newer players, but I play with a lot of veteran players and they always call or find a place like a disc turn in bin. However, I also hear about a four to one ratio of discs that are inked that are not called to called.

In the last four years I have had three discs stolen literally right in front of me.

1) Turned it over and barely slid down an imbankment. The teenagers selling their wares next to where it slid said they had no idea where it went and I could not find it. This was hole one so I immediately went back to my car to get a replacement. When I had my back turned they apparently snatched my disc and threw it far enough in the water that I would nto find it, but they marked it so it could be found later. While they denied it when I confronted them, I had a witness say that he clearly saw them doing it.

2) I unloaded my bag on Hole 1 at a different course. It was close to the practice basket and I could give the benefit of the doubt that they accidentally picked up my disc, but considering they were throwing beat DX versus the beautifully dyed Champion I had thrown, they would have to be blind. Regardless, they did not call later if it was a mistake on their part.

3) Almost the exact same story as 2. On the last hole of the day I took three shots. The third turned over into the tall grass that lines the edge of the fairway on 17. The group following us dumped an approach in there as well. They searched for 5 minutes and found their disc, finished the hole, and then played through our hole. I ended up spending 45 minutes looking for my Champ Leopard which was marked and had two aces on it. When I gave up I noticed a crap DX Skeeter lying near Hole 17's basket. My Champ Leo was mostly white but the dye again made it obviously that it was not DX or anything close that resembled a Skeeter.

4) Same course as 1, same person. Thinking the guy I was playing with and I were the only one on the course, I took a second shot, completely forgeting about the first shot. This teenager came walking through the course, clearly not playing, and plopped down his backpack in the middle of the fairway and proceeded to start kicking up snow a few feet away. Clearly he was looking for discs. My partner reminded me to go back for my first disc. I found it directly underneath this kid's backpack. "Oh, sorry man. I thought it was mine." RIGHT, you also throw a pink FLX Surge SS that also happens to have my name and number on it.

A few months later we found his backpack clipped to a basket one night when we were playing a night round. Clearly he did not want to bring it home and or was leaving it for someone else to pick up. It stank of weed. Label me the bad person this time, but I knew this kids track record, so we searched through the bag and called the numbers on all the discs we found. Several were definitely missing or stolen, so we returned them.

I am at the point where I no longer waste my time putting my name and number on discs because no one calls. At least if my discs are inkless, I have a higher resale value.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDoosh View Post
I have found like 4 discs with numbers on the back this year. Every single one I called back and they told me to keep it, well one guy was out of town and still hasn't called me back. It's pretty awesome not being a DB and getting rewarded for it.

Agreed. Intentionally being a DB just doesn't jive well with my faith and I can't stand thieves anyway. If the disc is inked and you don't attempt to make the call then that is just what you are. If you make the call and the owner tells you to keep it then your conscience is clear and the originally owners faith in humanity just got a little boost.

Besides you don't know peoples situations. Some kid may have skipped school lunches for a week to save up enough scratch for that Champion Tern you just stuffed in your bag.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 89
I had what I'd call a "change of heart" last week. I was out throwing in the field adjacent to hole 1, working on some new lines. Put one in the trees...didn't worry about it too much, as nobody plays this course. Couldn't find it at first, so figured I'd come back to find it. Ran into a couple guys I know, and they started helping me look for it. Nobody else had been on the course. As we're looking for it, three kids come through and play...one puts a disc in the trees we're looking in. They play through, and as they're leaving the basket, I find the drive they put in the tree. Not thinking about it, I give it back to them, and soon thereafter, give up on my disc. My two buddies and I decide to play 9, and we'll give it one more look afterwards. We play the course, and laying next to the basket on 9 is my disc.

So, in short...these kids find my BioFuzion Suspect, try to play through...but get caught up when I return their Pro Whatever-It-Was, feel bad later on, and leave my disc behind for me to "find". I guess at least they had SOME sort of conscience.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 AM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Unfortunately it is a very MN to keep discs. I hate to really stereotype the younger/ newer players, but I play with a lot of veteran players and they always call or find a place like a disc turn in bin. However, I also hear about a four to one ratio of discs that are inked that are not called to called.

I am at the point where I no longer waste my time putting my name and number on discs because no one calls. At least if my discs are inkless, I have a higher resale value.
I feel you 100%. My smart comments were only to those who truly lost their disc and was not referring to the times where you throw a blind hole on a busy course here, only to come up to approach and have your disc gone or in someone elses hands' Happened twice in one round during league at Kenwood Trails in Lakeville and reallllly got my blood pressure up as CLEARLY it was a drive and there are 1000 people all around us all. Those guys are just true idiots-- glad you were able to do something about one of these disc sweepers'
Old 09-10-2013, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I feel you 100%. My smart comments were only to those who truly lost their disc and was not referring to the times where you throw a blind hole on a busy course here, only to come up to approach and have your disc gone or in someone elses hands' Happened twice in one round during league at Kenwood Trails in Lakeville and reallllly got my blood pressure up as CLEARLY it was a drive and there are 1000 people all around us all. Those guys are just true idiots-- glad you were able to do something about one of these disc sweepers'
I try not to rant too much in person, with the internet obviously being a different beast in all, but I did go off one day while discussing this particular course with the TD that runs a weekly league there. I went off because this thief has started playing leagues a lot there and is known because of his attendance and apparently being a good player. While they do not necessarily think the world of him, they did not think he was a thief either. I conceded that maybe he had changed, but there was no doubt what he had done to me twice. The TD said he would talk to this boy without mentioning my name.

I know I got a little sidetracked about talking about stealing versus just losing a disc and not getting a call, but the end result is the same; a lot of MN players seemingly do not care if a disc is inked or not, they are not going to bother calling. I am not going to be so stupid as to guess a percentage, but it is a high enough percentage where I lot of veteran players I play with who have lost discs have never received a call. Now, is it apathy towards calling? A laziness or fear of cold calling someone? Or is it true thievery?

I know I personally hate cold calling people. What a great irony that is; that I am a communications teacher and I have a fear of calling people. I can receive calls, no sweat, but I dread calling people far more than standing in front of a thousand people and giving an unprepared speech. I cannot explain it. I just cannot call people. However, I will still make every effort to make sure a disc is called about, even if that means handing the disc to someone else in my group and have them call. I can understand those who find a disc and cannot find the nerve to disturb someone who may not even know what they are calling about (changed phone numbers, a different person answering the phone, a phone number with no name, etc), but that does not mean I give them a pass, not with so many other legitimate thieves out there.

The last call I received was on April 1st, 2012. At first I thought it was only an April's Fools joke because of the date, as I have had a lot of discs with my name and number sold and traded, but the way he described the disc and where he found it made it clear that he had found one of the discs I had given up for dead and walked away from it. He was now based in Oregon and said he would consider returning it after he got an ace on it. At the point I told him that I guess I will never see that disc again because he was never going to get one with it. I left it for him to determine whether I was implying that the disc was crap or that I was wishing him bad karma.

This leads to my last point of this thread, at what point is a 10-15 dollar disc not worth the trouble?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM
FROLF OFF!

Lol.. I love it'

My most recent solution to this has just been giving the found disc away to the next person I see.

and to answer your question after about 30minutes of any type of work. DG'ers do not value their time enough.

annnnnnnd if you are not eating lunch so you can buy discs-- you really need to get your priorities straight.