Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke@DiscTrips View Post
Hey, thanks, ERicJ... I'm surprised I didn't notice this thread when you started it a couple weeks ago. Yeah, it was pretty fun to be chosen both for the cover and for the July shot. I went 2-for-2 on my submissions! Oh, and I can't wait to see the final product either... They said they'd mail me a couple copies of the calendar when it's ready, so I'll let you guys know when I receive them (and thus when they're available).

A funny part about all of this is that the cover shot is of my 62-year-old dad, who is sort of a DG rookie. He's probably only played about 15 rounds in his life, and now he's (sort of) a star! :-) He's kind of a shy guy, too, so that makes it even crazier that he's the "cover model"...

Oh, and in case you're wondering how I spent my $100 prize, I went for a DISCatcher Mini Basket... I have an 18-month-old who is already imitating my throwing and playing with my "deeks," and I just had to have a tiny basket for him to play with as he grows up. Good times.

Hey bro - I've seen your kid throw. You're right - he imitates your form..... not so sure you should be teaching him You know I love your site and a late congrats on the magazine. I think you already told me about it, but kudos just the same!

Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 4
that must be like playing in heaven ( if you believe in heaven ).......I gotta make a trip to colorado..... summer vacation is coming up.......