Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 213
I only get pissed during tournaments. the plastic I can replace, those 2 strokes are a killer.

I lost a disc in a pile of leaves under a basket on my drive of a difficult hole. basically the shot was perfect and I parked it, but we never found the orange disc in the pile of orange leaves so I had to re-drive with a penalty and I could not replicate that perfect shot. I ended up losing by 2 strokes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
I only get pissed during tournaments. the plastic I can replace, those 2 strokes are a killer.

I lost a disc in a pile of leaves under a basket on my drive of a difficult hole. basically the shot was perfect and I parked it, but we never found the orange disc in the pile of orange leaves so I had to re-drive with a penalty and I could not replicate that perfect shot. I ended up losing by 2 strokes
Relatively the same thing happened to me during a tournament last late April. We finished helping the group in front of us search for a disc and they ended up stroking because it could not be found. The weather was unseasonably wet and snowy even for this time of year. I proceeded to crush a Roadrunner around a corner and on a line that had me thinking ace.

At the time I was four or five back from the leader and really needed this good shot. We all saw the line, as only the last ten feet were blind, but we were certain it was under the basket. We had five people kicking up snow around the basket and we still could not find it, and this is after we were pissed after the previous group lost their disc. It was later found by a group six or seven holes later and they discovered it 10 feet from the basket.

The strokes hurt, but I had an amazing second round. The second time around on this hole, I threw a Leopard instead and put it within 5 feet. Apparently that was the difference.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
Agreed. I learned on a course that had 99.99% chance of not losing a disc. The first time i lost a disc on a nother course, i was so bummed. Now I play on courses all the time where i lose discs. I hate it. Really zaps the desire to play from me. I love buying new plastic, just because. When i have to buy new plastic to replace a disc, it ticks me off...
That's pretty much my feelings too. I'm doing better with shaking off the loss but some times...

About two months ago, I had a really bad day and lost three on one course (one was an orphan I left in a fairway). I was so pissed. I drove to 4 different stores over the next two days looking for suitable replacements. Mrs. Goalie was none pleased either. This was supposed to be me "cheap" hobby.

All my discs (with the exception of 1) had name/# but I've only been contacted once (w/ ten losses) and it was by a guy who said he found my favorite disc and didn't plan on returning it.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiketheGoalie View Post
All my discs (with the exception of 1) had name/# but I've only been contacted once (w/ ten losses) and it was by a guy who said he found my favorite disc and didn't plan on returning it.
That's just cold. If there is such a thing as Karma this dude's car will get broken into in the parking lot while he's out playing a round of DG with your disc.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:50 AM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 81
Quote:

Such a DB move. I don't understand the impetus behind somebody calling to tell you they're keeping your disc. I got a call once telling me they watched me leave the parking lot 15 mins earlier and would have fun playing their (my) new disc. Arseholes.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
The thing I hate about losing a disc is that for whatever reason, it makes me want to buy a new one despite the fact that I already have a suitable replacement in my stash, sometimes even on hand.

And as long as I'm buying a new disc, well, might as well buy five more to make the shipping worthwhile.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 164
Quote:
I've been putting my name /number on all my plastic for years. Very fisrt time anybody ever called me was some DB who blocked his # and left me a voice mail, "You know that blue TeeBird you lost at Addison Oaks? Y'ain't gettin it back! ...Douchus Maximus.

Thankfully, I haven't had that experience since.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 34
I only own one disc that would bum me out, my beat to piss DX Roc with an ace on it, so I don't throw it over water. Aside from that, everything else in my bag has 1-4 duplicates right next to it. I alternate throws with all of them so that they wear in at relatively the same speed. I lost two Amps and two Buzzzes the other day at Maple hill, and even after the third and fourth discs dumped in the lake I wasn't really bummed.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
I've only been playing a year or so and I've lost 3 discs. I hate losing plastic. I look for a lost one as long as it takes to find it. I'm not as hung up on it as when I lost my first ones but no matter what anyone says I've yet to find two disc that throw exactly the same new although that's been getting better since I've switched to mostly MVP.

I can throw all types of plastic but I can really throw the stuff I've had in my bag a while that I'm used to.

Right now I'd be pissed to lose a disc but I'd get over it when I got a replacement except for my putters. I've got a custom darth vader dyed Anode and a stormtrooper one I've had for almost 7 months now and it's nice and broken in with a sweet puddle top.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
You know how some chicks treat themselves to a day of shopping, or at the salon or spa to get themselves out of their funk? Well, me and couple of guys from my club are doing the disc golfer equivalent of that tomorrow night.

Here let me rub it in your faces with a little preview of where we're going.

A few hours in a place like that would make me forget about any lost disc.