Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
Throwing Style: RHBH
^ All that plastic to fondle... Scarp's gonna have himself a discgasm!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 63
Used to bum me out a good bit. Then I started realizing that most of the discs I lost happened from a bad disc/shot choice. I don't lose nearly as many discs now that I thoroughly think about the smartest throw.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
You know how some chicks treat themselves to a day of shopping, or at the salon or spa to get themselves out of their funk? Well, me and couple of guys from my club are doing the disc golfer equivalent of that tomorrow night.

Here let me rub it in your faces with a little preview of where we're going.

A few hours in a place like that would make me forget about any lost disc.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 1149
Is kind of like a game over in final fantasy. The first time I'm like "dammit I made it so far without dying !!" I get pissed and quit playing for a day or two. Then I get back into it, I get better, I realize dying is part of the game, I play on, each game over is less and less painful, soon it becomes necessary to learn certain aspects of the game, then I beat the game. Then the goal is to beat it again without losing a disc.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
Really glad to see I'm not the only one that takes it hard when I lose a disc. I lost quite a few this summer - some of them I had found with no ink, a couple I had just bought, and my flippy Pro Wraith that was perfectly seasoned as well all lost. I actually lost one last week at The Valley on hole number 5 but was determined to find it. I was dumb and threw yellow into the green and yellowing bushes. Ran out of light but went back after work the next day and found it. Some people would think I was crazy going back for an $8 disc - but I had only thrown it a few times and I just refuse to lose any more discs this year. Especially when my coworker decided to lose 3 of my discs at BRP with zero concern for even looking for them.

Long post short: Good to know it's natural for me to get bummed about a lost disc.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 54
If I am playing a hole that I know there is a chance I might lose a disc, I keep some cheap plastic in my bag, and I throw those instead of a good disc. Now if I am playing a course I have never played, I can and have lost a good disc, because I didn't know the risk. I played a course in the Dallas area, and did't know there was a creek behind the pin, and lost a nice, tourney stamped Buzz in the water. That pissed me off a bit.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 17
My home course is trophy lakes here...you get over losing plastic real quick. At least there are divers that come out each month.

I've seen guys lose 5 or 6 discs in a round...especially from the longs. Most for me is two in a round.

One nice thing is when you've written of that disc that has been gone for 6 months and all of a sudden it's in the lost and found book...it's like Christmas morning!

Last edited by rexdp10; 09-19-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 108
Whenever I encounter a hole by a designer who's decided to try and be cute and clever by placing a basket a few feet from a bog-like, eutrophic water hazard (or a deep, swift river, or some other hazard where I'm probably not getting the putter back), I'm definitely pacing off that putt and making the attempt on a later risk-free basket. I simply do not carry a putter that I can lose. They're like my own children to me.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Whenever I encounter a hole by a designer who's decided to try and be cute and clever by placing a basket a few feet from a bog-like, eutrophic water hazard (or a deep, swift river, or some other hazard where I'm probably not getting the putter back), I'm definitely pacing off that putt and making the attempt on a later risk-free basket. I simply do not carry a putter that I can lose. They're like my own children to me.
Ever though of laying up like everyone else does in that situation and finishing out the hole? You might as well go play in a open field.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 15
The leaves are coming.

well i hate losing discs! i'm also a no disc left behind. i'll even go back and look for others discs to return them to people later because even someone else losing a discs bugs me. i also have a good eye for discs and usually find multiples if i have a lost disc i find other peoples discs while looking for my own discs.

I do have probably 4 copies of my bag that are 100% the same so i could lose my bag 3 times completely and still have perfect copy of the bag. but i'm crazy. only disc i really wish i had more of is my main putter a green evo magic. i only have 4 of them but would be crushed if i lost one.

and it goes on and on. but i rarely if ever lose a disc. i write REWARD on my discs and pay 10 cash or new plastic to returners. or beer if they prefer.