Old 09-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
The leaves are coming.

well i hate losing discs! i'm also a no disc left behind. i'll even go back and look for others discs to return them to people later because even someone else losing a discs bugs me. i also have a good eye for discs and usually find multiples if i have a lost disc i find other peoples discs while looking for my own discs.

I do have probably 4 copies of my bag that are 100% the same so i could lose my bag 3 times completely and still have perfect copy of the bag. but i'm crazy. only disc i really wish i had more of is my main putter a green evo magic. i only have 4 of them but would be crushed if i lost one.

and it goes on and on. but i rarely if ever lose a disc. i write REWARD on my discs and pay 10 cash or new plastic to returners. or beer if they prefer.
For the Horde!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 85
man up central

in what imaginary world do you throw a putt on a completely different basket and count it as a shot....losing discs are part of the game....like the poster above I play a lot at Trophy Lakes and there is a lot of risk and reward. I have learned to have backups for all of my key discs. I don't like losing plastic but you have to decide how much water to put in play. Now those tree caroms are another issue
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 117
I don't have any "valuable" discs. At least not ones that would be considered valuable to anyone else. I'm a no disc left behind kinda guy too, but the groups I typically play with don't loose many. However, when I do loose one, I range from disappointed to really disappointed & almost always go back to look again or post it on our club message board. I also have "reward" written on the inside rim & buy the finder a disc or 6 pack of their choice. All this to say, when I'm faced with a shot where I "could" loose a disc, I never throw my "good" ones
Old 09-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
It's kind of a side issue, but I lost a disc about a month ago and a person in my group did not help look for it at all. I was much more ticked off about that than losing the disc.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I'm a no disc left behind kinda guy too, but the groups I typically play with don't loose many. However, when I do loose one, I range from disappointed to really disappointed & almost always go back to look again or post it on our club message board. All this to say, when I'm faced with a shot where I "could" loose a disc, I never throw my "good" ones
I literally said this less than 24 hours ago and lost 2 discs this morning. I'm disappointed at losing both of them and don't really ever see them coming back to me.
WTF?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
I hate losing discs...I lost my Boss XG this week and it really really made me mad...
Old 09-22-2013, 04:56 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 88
Ever since this thread has started, I've been on a rampage FINDING discs with no numbers on them. Went out this morning with my 12yo son and his friend...found a Pro Leopard midway through and as we were leaving a fisherman walked up and gave us a Dragon. Now, I obviously can't use the Dragon, but my son thought a floating disc for free was pretty awesome. Still waiting for a response on the Prodigy Proto D1 I called a guy about. That's actually the first time I've had somebody NOT respond to a call.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 73
This wasn't me, but it happened in my group at the Altoona Ace Race yesterday. One of the ladies in the group was searching for her disc in the underbrush. She came out with her disc plus a broken in DX shark. OK, not a special disc at first appearance. But apparently it meant something to the owner. The lady called the number on the disc as soon as our AR was over. Before she left the premises, the guy showed up and got his disc back. I thought that this was pretty cool!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassila View Post
It's kind of a side issue, but I lost a disc about a month ago and a person in my group did not help look for it at all. I was much more ticked off about that than losing the disc.
I've played rounds with people like this... I will go through almost anything to help them search for a disc but the one time I toss mine into the thick they stand at their disc waiting and waiting... I get more frustrated with that behavior than losing plastic. Some people don't get that the more pairs of eyes looking the faster we can find it and keep playing!

Old 09-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGeno View Post
I've played rounds with people like this... I will go through almost anything to help them search for a disc but the one time I toss mine into the thick they stand at their disc waiting and waiting... I get more frustrated with that behavior than losing plastic. Some people don't get that the more pairs of eyes looking the faster we can find it and keep playing!
The easy fix for this: next time they toss one in the weeds, just have a seat. If they say anything just tell them you figured they don't want any help, since they never offer any.