Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Par Member

So who knows exactly how the stamps were put on? Was it in fact dye sublimation?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBdiscgolf View Post
So who knows exactly how the stamps were put on? Was it in fact dye sublimation?
yes.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Par Member

We had tried that with star plastic, dye wanted to migrate bad... Might need to give it another go.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:38 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandocommando9 View Post
Biscoe is wrong they definitely have different plastic on Ching Rocs its not just normal dx, more in between dx and kc pro
Old 09-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
So obviously I'm not going to argue three putts knowledge but I will say do dx roc I have from like eras of all my chings the Ching plastic IS different I'm not just randomly saying that I'm fondling through at least 50 Rocs as I type this. So if the plastic is the same please three putt explain why every Ching roc in my collection feels different than any dx roc from the same year, and why all the chings have the same plastic till about 04 seems to me like they were run in their own blend?
Old 09-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
the original ching rocs WERE a slightly different blend and more durable as well as more overstable.

the current ones aren't any diff from normal dx plastic.

the stamp you probably have is titled "zen basket"

they were run from like 1997-2000.

basically, they just used a different dx blend on ching discs and had a blend that worked better for full color printing (which was invented by holgate at ching).

This was written by Blake t in a thread I found on dgr. Seems I'm not the only one who felt it was a different plastic and I believe Blake knows his plastic pretty damn well!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:42 AM

Courses Played: 1
here is an old article about Mike Holgate and Ching (2005):
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/artiklar.aspx?ArticleId=21
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 AM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandocommando9 View Post
Biscoe is wrong they definitely have different plastic on Ching Rocs its not just normal dx, more in between dx and kc pro
^ Biscoe even provided names. He owns more ching discs than years you've been alive.
as dx ages it feels different, also not al dx blends are the same. Leave your DX roc outside for 6 months and feel it. you will swear it is a new plastic.
I love that you buckle to 3putt, but refused to accept Biscoe's knowledge

Last edited by prerube; 09-20-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Here is my thing, folks. DX is DX. Glow DX is DX with an additive that makes it glow. Some people swear it makes the disc more durable and more overstable, but all you can really say for sure is that the additive makes them glow. In the end, the are still DX. Not a different plastic, just DX.

I don't work for Innova or Ching. There may very well have been an additive to the DX they used for the full-color process that helped the discs take the stamp. So what? It's still DX. DX has never been one thing. It's a variety of plastics that make up the base range of plastics Innova calls DX. Some of them are harder, some of them are softer, some of them are more durable and some of them are more overstable than others, but it's all DX.

So Ching/Innova DX is like glow. It's a DX plastic that some people swear is more durable and more overstable but all we know for sure is that they are flatter and have cool stamps. If you want to swear up and down that you think IN YOUR OPINION the plastic is different, have at it. My opinion is that it is DX.

Last edited by Three Putt; 09-20-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Here is my thing, folks. DX is DX. Glow DX is DX with an additive that makes it glow. Some people swear it makes the disc more durable and more overstable, but all you can really say for sure is that the additive makes them glow. In the end, the are still DX. Not a different plastic, just DX.

I don't work for Innova or Ching. There may very well have been an additive to the DX they used for the full-color process that helped the discs take the stamp. So what? It's still DX. DX has never been one thing. It's a variety of plastics that make up the base range of plastics Innova calls DX. Some of them are harder, some of them are softer, some of them are more durable and some of them are more overstable than others, but it's all DX.

So Ching/Innova DX like glow. It's a DX plastic that some people swear is more durable and more overstable but all we know for sure is that they are flatter and have cool stamps. If you want to swear up and down that you think IN YOUR OPINION the plastic is different, have at it. My opinion is that it is DX.
Geez, about time.