Disc Golf Store
Old 09-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Here is my thing, folks. DX is DX. Glow DX is DX with an additive that makes it glow. Some people swear it makes the disc more durable and more overstable, but all you can really say for sure is that the additive makes them glow. In the end, the are still DX. Not a different plastic, just DX.

I don't work for Innova or Ching. There may very well have been an additive to the DX they used for the full-color process that helped the discs take the stamp. So what? It's still DX. DX has never been one thing. It's a variety of plastics that make up the base range of plastics Innova calls DX. Some of them are harder, some of them are softer, some of them are more durable and some of them are more overstable than others, but it's all DX.

So Ching/Innova DX is like glow. It's a DX plastic that some people swear is more durable and more overstable but all we know for sure is that they are flatter and have cool stamps. If you want to swear up and down that you think IN YOUR OPINION the plastic is different, have at it. My opinion is that it is DX.
I never said it wasn't dx I said it seems like a different blend of dx than normal. of course it's still dx just more durable and over stable. And I think the Blake comments I put up prove it like he said they had to tweak it for the full color process which in turn made it a different blend of dx.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
^ Biscoe even provided names. He owns more ching discs than years you've been alive.
as dx ages it feels different, also not al dx blends are the same. Leave your DX roc outside for 6 months and feel it. you will swear it is a new plastic.
I love that you buckle to 3putt, but refused to accept Biscoe's knowledge
Lol what does names have to do with anything I already knew who invented full color you guys can be the big dawgs all you want but Ching tweaking dx plastic for the full color process proves my point it's a different blend which is more durable which is why in my post I put in between dx and kc pro.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandocommando9 View Post
I never said it wasn't dx I said it seems like a different blend of dx than normal. of course it's still dx just more durable and over stable. And I think the Blake comments I put up prove it like he said they had to tweak it for the full color process which in turn made it a different blend of dx.
Different from what? What's normal? There have been dozens of different DX blends. Some are rock hard and crazy durable, some are waxy and break in instantly, most fall somewhere in between.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Different from what? What's normal? There have been dozens of different DX blends. Some are rock hard and crazy durable, some are waxy and break in instantly, most fall somewhere in between.
And through all these different dx blends Ching Rocs were the same for at least five years since they came out all my 98-03 chings are identical plastic which again is good evidence they made that blend for the full color process.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 AM

Really, who cares, it's an internet fight.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.3
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair09 View Post
That's 50% of all the threads on DGCR
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair09 View Post
This is the stuff that the foundations of our entire civilization rest upon.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:19 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandocommando9 View Post
And through all these different dx blends Ching Rocs were the same for at least five years since they came out all my 98-03 chings are identical plastic which again is good evidence they made that blend for the full color process.
I guess I don't get the issue. It's very likely that there was some sort of additive used to make them accept die. It's also very likely that because Ching Rocs were not huge volume sellers that they made a run of them and they lasted for a looonnnggg time. There might have only been one or two runs of them, so they would seem consistent. The fact that they were all white would be a bonus on the consistency side.

So we don't disagree about that.

All I'm saying is that there was no "magical" quality to the Ching plastic other than it held a die. Were they more overstable? Yep. Weren't flatter Rocs always beefier than domey Rocs? Yep. Were they durable? Yep. Weren't the SMD DX Rocs that were out at the same time freaking bulletproof to the point that people are searching the Internet for them now? Yep. Are we clamoring to recognize SMD Roc plastic as something other than DX? No. Why? 'Cause it's DX.

DX has never been and never will be one thing. They switch additives all the time that we don't know about. People get hung up on DX Glow and Ching discs as being a "different" plastic becasue the additive is obvious. The rest of the DX discs have additives in them as well, it's just not as obvious.

Ching Rocs are descriptive enough. You know you are getting a disc with a cool full-color stamp. You know it's going to be flat. You know that new it will start out really beefy and then beat in squirrelly. All of those things are a given. The plastic just isn't different enough that it wouldn't be considered in the range of plastic that is considered DX.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
and here I was thinking "ching" is the sound you're rewarded with when you get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Here is my thing, folks. DX is DX. Glow DX is DX with an additive that makes it glow. Some people swear it makes the disc more durable and more overstable, but all you can really say for sure is that the additive makes them glow. In the end, the are still DX. Not a different plastic, just DX.

I don't work for Innova or Ching. There may very well have been an additive to the DX they used for the full-color process that helped the discs take the stamp. So what? It's still DX. DX has never been one thing. It's a variety of plastics that make up the base range of plastics Innova calls DX. Some of them are harder, some of them are softer, some of them are more durable and some of them are more overstable than others, but it's all DX.

So Ching/Innova DX is like glow. It's a DX plastic that some people swear is more durable and more overstable but all we know for sure is that they are flatter and have cool stamps. If you want to swear up and down that you think IN YOUR OPINION the plastic is different, have at it. My opinion is that it is DX.
^ works for me.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Doesn't work for me. I will never agree that it is not a different material.
Pro, champion and star are also just different blends.

Quote:
Some of them are harder, some of them are softer, some of them are more durable and some of them are more overstable than others, but it's all DX.
I agree this describes dx discs, but I thought the process variables were a factor also. I didn't know it was just because of different blends of dx.