Old 07-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Default Bagboy Quad XL

So I just picked up a Bagboy Quad XL off ebay for $37 and I am trying to figure out the easiest way to mount/fabricate a shelf to set my disc bag on that easily slips on/off the top bag bracket. Either the shelf or a method of mounting a backpack style bag above or on top of the top bag bracket.

Any ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

Attached are pictures of the Cart and the upper bracket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bagboy_features_quad-xl_bracket.jpg (34.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg bag-boy-quad-xl-alle-farben.jpg (108.5 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH

I guess that depends somewhat on your bag, however, pipe clamps (PVC or Galv. Steel) and garden cart/storage shelving are your best friends.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 44

I've seen people mount Discarrier type bag above the top 'arms', but it always looks awkward and leaves the cart way too top heavy even with a ballast. I would first suggest hanging the bag from the top arm by the straps. Tighten the straps as much as possible and then use something like the Nite Ize gear ties to secure the bottoms of the straps to the lower part of the cart. One on each side will keep the bag from moving around too much. That's probably the cheapest and easiest way to use a cart like that. It's what I did with my Clic Gear and Bag Boy Quad.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:38 AM
Par Member

Should have mentioned I have a backpack style bag the Dynamic Discs Sniper.

So far my best idea has been to remove the parts circled in red and put a bolt through the points where the screws were (yellow arrow) and try to cut some boards at the right angle to produce a wedge with a top that is perpendicular to the ground and then mount a platform with rails to it to hold the bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyn-bag-sniper-dkgray-img-03_1.jpg (67.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg bagboy_features_quad-xl_bracket.jpg (50.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamkiller View Post
Should have mentioned I have a backpack style bag the Dynamic Discs Sniper.

So far my best idea has been to remove the parts circled in red and put a bolt through the points where the screws were (yellow arrow) and try to cut some boards at the right angle to produce a wedge with a top that is perpendicular to the ground and then mount a platform with rails to it to hold the bag.
You don't need to remove the arm ends. Just fold them back and they will help hold the straps from the backpack in place. I did that with my Grip and Lat E2 on the Quad Cart. Worked like a charm. Since it's a vertical down tube on the cart it shouldn't need too much modification to make it work.

One thing to be careful of though. These carts aren't designed to cover hilly terrain with the bag weight being supported by just the top of the cart (down tube). Over time lifting the front wheels up to go over things or stressing the tube connection at the bottom will cause the aluminum to flex and break. I've seen it happen on my cart and many others.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Par Member

So I should probably try to design a support to rest on the bottom bracket and link to the top as I saw someone else had for the clicgear 3.5... hm...
Old 07-21-2016, 11:40 AM
Birdie Member

That would be ideal. Maybe a hinged piece of mdf with slots cut to help lock it in place. The area where the large down tube attaches and hinges into the lower section is the main weakness. Minimizing stress here will help the cart last as long as possible. Granted mine lasted about 2 years of heavy and hard use with no mods at all. Don't think of it as a do or die problem to fix.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Par Member

uploadfromtaptalk1469151543951.jpg

Decided to carve up a Mizuno bag I found at Goodwill. Still working out better sidewall support and shelves/dividers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk