Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags

View Poll Results: which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?
free shipping with in the U.S. 20 39.22%
13% off 31 60.78%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 17
Love my GB Bag. Maybe I can talk my girlfriend into getting me another one for xmas with the discount
Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
1) Look at the join dates, they are 8 months apart. If GB schemed that up he is not only swift but also one patient mofo because I would not be able to hold back my fake excitement that long.

2) Ziggy, awesome on you for promoting deaf disc golf. I recently played a tournament with a deaf golfer and he was a very nice guy. I have also returned a disc to one of his friends and they have a whole group that golfs out here. Keep up the good work

3) Welcome GB, I need to see one of your bags in person, does anyone in the ATL area carry one?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Welcome to GBDS!

I've been utilizing one of your Chimp bags since this last April and I must say it has lived up to the workhorse reputation that preceded it. I have a history of being very hard on my belongings and the Chimp has been no exception having seen use almost daily since getting it. I recommend your bags to every one I play with.

I'm certainly intrigued by the Simian and its very functional design, but honestly put off by what I perceive as the low number of discs your site says it can hold. Is it possible to squeeze in more than 12 in the main compartment? Or do you have any plans to revise the layout to hold more plastic?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Send a message via Yahoo to gorillaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mutt View Post
Welcome to GBDS!

I'm certainly intrigued by the Simian and its very functional design, but honestly put off by what I perceive as the low number of discs your site says it can hold. Is it possible to squeeze in more than 12 in the main compartment? Or do you have any plans to revise the layout to hold more plastic?
some of the guys that have claim they can fit a couple more in there even though it was not my intention for them to be in there, you can fit another 4 discs in the putter pockets plus if you really want to you could easily fit another 10 into the side zipper pockets.

my intentions of the Simian was "not" to carry as much plastic with you as humanly possible! my design is intended for a minimalist approach to disc golf while trying to incorperate every thing the average tourney player would need/carry with them on the course and to put it all into one functional bag design.

I currently do not have any plans to make the main disc carrying compartment any bigger or smaller on the Simian, I do have design tweaks in mind but they will not change any thing function wise or disc carrying wise of any sort on the Simian.

THANKS FOR ALL THE WELCOMES!!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.4
Courses Played: 35
I also want to thank to Chris for his excellent service. Took advantage of the free shipping offer on Friday and my new Spider Monkey arrived in NC on Monday!

Unfortunately for me, I convinced my wife to buy me this bag for Christmas so now I have to wait another three week to open the box. C'mon Christmas!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
it means that gb and his buddy ziggy are one in the same, or appear to be, judging by their posting habits.
Ziggy and Gorilla boys DGCR numbers are 3000 apart, not solid evidence that they are not the same, but as I have stated before, When I started an account for my daughter, TimG PMed me the same day saying why is their another account on the same IP address.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Schizo? Wtf. It's bad enough I have a disability in deafness.

And to boot, being a school psychologist, I don't need to consider the dual disorder diagnosis.

Let's be more constructive and improve our gear and game here.

Def agree its nice to see a homemade manufacturer reaching out among the masses!
Most Deaf individuals don't consider it a disability
***edit****
It sounded like I was accusing you of faking a disability, I'll PM you the post.

Anyway WELCOME to DGCR Gorilla Boy
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny View Post
Unfortunately for me, I convinced my wife to buy me this bag for Christmas so now I have to wait another three week to open the box. C'mon Christmas!
I'm in the same boat with my Simian! My girlfriend bought me the Simian for Christmas and it should be arriving this week but will have to wait till Christmas to open it
Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mutt View Post

I'm certainly intrigued by the Simian and its very functional design, but honestly put off by what I perceive as the low number of discs your site says it can hold.
That's actually one of the things I really like about it. I don't play any better with 20 discs than I do with 10, but I sure as heck always cram in as many as I can fit for some reason. I don't mind a bag that holds a few less, I think it helps me narrow down my disc choice to what I really need.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
Most Deaf individuals don't consider it a disability
***edit****
It sounded like I was accusing you of faking a disability, I'll PM you the post.

Anyway WELCOME to DGCR Gorilla Boy

There are 440 Deaf Disc Golfers across the country who can tell you who Ziggy is...

http://il09.org/index.htm - Ziggy hosted the Deaf Nationals held in SPI this last year... Gorilla Boy was a major sponsor.

http://ddga.org/main/