Old 10-01-2013, 02:18 PM

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
Is there a promotion video for your course?

I ran across this, from the YMCA of the Rockies: http://vimeo.com/72915468 This video is highlighted prominently on their website to promote disc golf as one of the options to enjoy while staying at the camp. Say what you will about the course or the video itself, but I share it here for a slightly different reason...

What would a video for your local course or club look like? Would you include pros throwing from the back tees, or did they get it right to include mainly beginners and women? What about Juniors?

*Please* share a link to your promotional video here if it is available online. I would like to see more examples before going to my club to pitch the idea of a new video series for our supported courses.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
I enjoy making them. This is one I did for Portage Lakes DGC, which is one of the best local courses.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 74
It's not my home course, but Brewster Ridge is working a nice promo video.

They've already put out the teaser while we wait on the full version. It features some coverage of this year's Green Mountain Championship at the beginning, and ends with some nice commentary from some of the pros that came up north to play.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Eagle Member

So lucky to have Delaveaga in Santa Cruz as my local course. They have "How to play" each hole videos with Pros explaining how they play them.

Here is Patrick Brown on Hole 20, making a shot that is insanely hard, look ridiculously easy.

http://delaveagadiscgolf.com/hole-20/
Old 10-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 44
Awesome! I'm in the bay area and planning to play DeLaveaga next Friday. Just finished watching each of the videos for that course, such a great way to help new players!!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:06 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I enjoy making them. This is one I did for Portage Lakes DGC, which is one of the best local courses.

That's really good, Mike!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106

Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 40
I made a quick one for the nine-hole course I installed here at Camp Casey. it's not great, but it gives a good idea....too bad I really flubbed my drive on hole 4 (the pin is actually a good fifty feet right of where my disc lands)

http://youtu.be/7Qd0db7dNmE