Disc Golf Store
Old 09-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Attractive dancing women.

Even more seriously, I like the idea of throwing the shot with the disc you just described. Even better if the attractive dancing women oooh and aaah after each throw.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscChainBasket18 View Post
Usually an in-the-bag video is only interesting to me if it is a Pro players bag. I'm not sure why you would want to do a video of your bag? No offense!
well. i dont know about you, but knowing what a 1030+ rated player throws 400', does me zero good. but maybe seeing what other folks around my skill are throwing for different shots, seeing how they throw could help me choose discs that will help my game.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by depster View Post
Do the video in the field and after you give an explanation for the disc throw it on the line you'd use it for. Like if you throw a beat DX teebird for a roller throw a roller
Wow yeah, that WOULD be awesome. I would probably do 2 videos and splice them together. I am a rookie, but I could totally do that.

I will probably do the bag video this weekend and see if I can do the flights as well. My problem is to get a higher quality shot of the throws

Good tip, Id like to make it a nice video.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Usually an in-the-bag video is only interesting to me if it is a Pro players bag. I'm not sure why you would want to do a video of your bag? No offense!
just for fun my friend

people talk enough about DG and their discs and how good they are, etc, on here...so i figure make a professional...well, semi serious in -the-bag. Just to put it out there. Maybe people will like the combos I have, or use them themselves and agree, or be new to a concept...whatever....its just for fun because im a nerd for dg.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Honestly guys all very good suggestions. I will ask my friend Matt to come with me and try to shoot the shots.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Also, i'll see if my girlfriend will dance on the side
Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
well. i dont know about you, but knowing what a 1030+ rated player throws 400', does me zero good. but maybe seeing what other folks around my skill are throwing for different shots, seeing how they throw could help me choose discs that will help my game.
I would agree with this. Top pros make discs do things I'll never be able to pull off, so having a similarly-skilled player explain some of these things might make sense. Also, because there are SO many discs to choose from, if you come away thinking about one disc you've never thought to try that he talks about, maybe that's a cool thing.

OP, if you've bagged a disc after a lengthy competition between a couple molds, or if you've replaced something because disc B. does it better than disc A. did, maybe explaining that would be helpful also.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

The Plan

I will ^ Honestly this is what inspired me to do this. I have played with about 50 odd discs over the last 6 years. and just now I feel 100% confident in my 13 bagged discs...and the 5 or so I rotate in. So I went from a bunch of random discs here and there to a full system...in which FOR ME mentally it helps a lot. Now i am getting more consistent shots and better scores.

i'd like to be thorough, but not going on and on about something that nobody wants to hear.

THIS IS MY PLAN

- Show my bag and what i typically carry (for like 20 seconds) then get to the discs
- I will start from front to back and mention WHAT DISC IT IS, WHAT I USE IT FOR and WHY I CHOSE THIS DISC OVER OTHERS (mentioning only a little bit of why this beat out the other discs)
- Then talk about the specific disc and the type of shots/situations I find are helpful for me. Then cut out for a short clip of throwing that shot.
**So overview, then talk about the disc followed by clips of just that disc.
and go through the whole bag doing just that.
I will likely shoot 10 of each disc and narrow down to 5...so probably only 30 seconds of disc throw footage per disc. I want it to be a nice 'professional-ish' looking video.
Hopefully my friend Matt and I can pull it off and create a nice lil video. maybe 6-8 minutes. So not crazy long, but enought to...get it.

Thanks ya'll !

Last edited by ThomasOrion; 09-27-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:21 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 183
Quote:
^this

Old 09-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Stengele View Post
^this
Because I would whoop both of you on the course?