Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
skip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Well, it got me again today at league. Shot a triple bogey on this sucker. Looks like I know what hole I'll be working on next time I go out.
why don't you just play the skip game on this hole? I'd just smash a low hyzer on the sidewalk and skip it in bounds.

Or any low line hyzer should make it to the grass.

doesn't look extremely hard to me.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
why don't you just play the skip game on this hole? I'd just smash a low hyzer on the sidewalk and skip it in bounds.

Or any low line hyzer should make it to the grass.

doesn't look extremely hard to me.
I've resisted the urge to punt on this hole, which otherwise makes it harder than it needs to be (not being that great a player doesn't help, either). Might have to start doing that for league rounds, though, for the time being.

It never occurred to me to try a skip; I'll give that a shot next time I'm out there.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 76
11 at Loriella got me again. I was on par for shooting the first sub 40 round on that course since the redesign. Hole 11 got me.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Today it was hole 3 at Linbrook Park.

680' from the longs, 584' from the shorts, this puppy is full of challenging lines. Turning over too far lands you in the creek running the right side of the fairway, while throwing too straight or bouncing left off a tree can land you an awkward second shot off the hillside. After experimenting with a variety of approaches, I saw I was getting the best results with a flex shot with my Stags, flying left to right past the trees but fading out over the creek and back onto the fairway. Even with perfect placement, though, you still have a looooong upshot, and need to be wary of the creek that cuts across the fairway running in front of the basket.

I've played this hole through half a dozen times or more these past two days. Don't think I managed a 4 once (though I was close a few times, including missing low on a 20-ish foot putt from the creek bed).

Last edited by Qikly; 10-18-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Hole 15 Huntington beach last weekend, its a mando to the left of the right tree in a two tree gap about 10-15 feet in front of you and maybe 300 feet behind that, As a lefty you can either throw to the left of the mando for a 3 or try to thread it and go for 2... Got through the mando but hit the ground after (low cieling) then went to throw my roc and turned it over 40-50 feet left and 20 feet short. Did an upshot came up 15 ft short then clanged off the nubs , came back for 5...
Old 10-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
Bicentennial in Crowley. Number 15. I was sitting at -3 at that point. Finished at even after the final 5 holes. Had a great drive. Bad lay up. Tried to get fancy around a tree. Went to put my bag down and getting shooting pain in my lower back. Nope not a thrown out back...but a wasp. Of course I missed my next putt, bounced it off the top. And it went down after that. Put me back to negative 2. Then tried to drive on the next hole and just didn't work well ended up with 3 more 4s and one birdie. So disappointed as I really thought I was going to break the negative round today. So I'm blaming it all on 15 :/
Old 10-20-2013, 02:58 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
I've resisted the urge to punt on this hole, which otherwise makes it harder than it needs to be (not being that great a player doesn't help, either). Might have to start doing that for league rounds, though, for the time being.

It never occurred to me to try a skip; I'll give that a shot next time I'm out there.
Forehand?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
haven't played yet today, but the other day i went 8 up, 8 down on my local 9, then failed to reach hole 9 on my drive like usual. it's only maybe 390, but with a low ceiling at the tee and i just can't seem to ever get there. that one sucked.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 94
Played Central Park in Cumming, Georgia for the first time since the redesign. Wasn't having a great round but wasn't complaining, since it was my first round on the course and it was 72 degrees in December. Step up to the tee pad on 18 - 540 ft. par 4 and promptly shank my tee shot in the woods/brush 75 feet off the pad. I get to my disc and my only shot is an overhand to get out of the brush. I proceed to throw it OB into the parking lot, and only about 50 feet closer to the basket. I throw my 4th and 5th shots and end up just outside the tree line with maybe a 60 foot look at the basket. I walk down the embankment that's on the left side of the fairway, and proceed to slip and fall flat on my back, hitting my head on the slimy Georgia clay, losing my glasses, and getting soaked from the saturated ground. Slightly dazed and with soaking wet hands, my 6th shot slips out of my hands and goes about 30 feet straight into the ground. Remembering to wipe off my putter, I miss the 30 footer and end up with an 8, a truly auspicious way to end my round.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 53
Send a message via Skype™ to tarel
my wife: par 0