Old 09-29-2013, 09:23 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Make Me Better

I've been playing disc golf for around a year and a half. When I first started playing I only threw forehand. Over the last few months I've been trying to make the transition to work in a solid back hand. I've gotten to where I can throw pretty straight and I max out around 350. I'm pretty accurate around 300 but I feel like I've hit my wall. I know that I don't have the best run up and I'm looking for tips on how to improve. I uploaded a video of me throwing 6 drives each at normal speed and the other in slow motion. Tell me what you see and what you would recommend. Make Me Better!!!!!

http://youtu.be/OYcXv4iLuMI
Old 09-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
But can you role? I am in the same place as you and I was watching a Ken Climo interview where he covers the disc in his bag and what he uses them for, he spoke about 650 foot drives on a role.

The course would need to be short grass and as I have found, what the Gods give, they can take away with a role if the disc suddenly changes direction. You have to get the disc out fairly far and then on to its edge. Not as easy as I thought.

I found a Tee Bird works for me. I don't know if this will make you better, but it is yet another tool.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
You make your move turning forward before your weight transfers to the front leg and short arm the throw. You need to turn further back and stay turned back until your weight transfers to the front leg and then throw and allow your whole arm to whip toward the target.