Old 10-01-2013, 04:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
TS, like others have said, there was a point in time where this putt should have counted. But the new rules say it doesnt
Old 10-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Stuck in the side is not good, unless it goes in the basket correctly and wedges on the way out (or nobody sees which way it wedges so the thrower gets the benefit of the doubt). The reason for the rule is that our original target was two ribbons on a tree, with a target area between them. Discs that fall in from the top or hit the front of the cage and stick are outside the "target area".
I did not know about the rule change for stuck in the side either. I don't play tournaments but i do generally try to play by the rules I know even in casual play. I was also playing back in the days of object golf so i can see the reasoning
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
i would only count it if it were a mini disc to a mini basket, playing a mini round, since discs resting on top count in mini golf.
I once saw a disc ace into the mini basket on the hole instead of the regular basket ---- what would you call that?
Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbo Ego View Post
I once saw a disc ace into the mini basket on the hole instead of the regular basket ---- what would you call that?
Still a Black Ace right? He/She owes each person on their card $5.00 for it. At least that is how it would be scored around here. An expensive mistake.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:16 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Stuck in the side used to count, right? Wasn't that rule change within the last 2-3 years or so? I'm not sure and don't feel like researching it right now. I figure some of the rules guys will be able to confirm almost instantly.

And I like your ribbon explanation, mash! It's similar to people complaining about the Innova chastity belt. If you hit it, though, you're out of the target zone, right? Thanks, btw!
Yup, that was part of the same 2011 rules change. The chastity belt thing cracks me up, the distance between the top of the basket and the bottom of the chastity belt is just as big as the target area of other popular baskets (taller than the DGA baskets IIRC), I would much rather hit the band and drop than skip off the top of a basket without the band and end up a ways past the basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenThrower View Post
Still a Black Ace right? He/She owes each person on their card $5.00 for it. At least that is how it would be scored around here. An expensive mistake.

I've heard it called a brown ace when it's another basket that's for the same hole just not currently in play, similar to the video recently posted where someone hit the white basket on Maple Hill #1 while playing the gold layout.