Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 PM

Courses Played: 3
Critique review

Looking for some advice and form critique. Have been playing for around 3 years.

Throw a lot of Teebirds, maxing out at around 375, but more comfortable around 325 and under. Buzzz's go around 300, and am just now getting up into the wraiths and other faster drivers, but cant quite get them to fly right. I'm almost positive its because I am not getting to the hit correctly.

I have been really working on trying to learn "snap" and the hit. Have watched a ton of feldy and read as much as I can get my hands on, but still am having trouble finding that elusive hit. This week I went back to starting from a towel, to standstill, to 1 and then up to 2 x steps with a few breakthroughs but nothing concrete.

After watching these videos, I was surprised to see how much I tilt up the disc right before my pull through. Definitely need to get that corrected.

Beyond that, really hoping you guys can let me know about my weight transfer, the timing of my rotation of hips and shoulders and anything else you might see.

Striker
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Midrange
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
Looks pretty good except for spinning out and not really transferring your weight. You make your move too early and the rear heel spins away from the target, it should move targetward. Transfer weight to the front leg then throw and leverage the hips through the shot.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:23 AM
* Ace Member *

You also get a bit flat on the rear heel.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 PM

Courses Played: 3
Nice! Haven't seen those videos in a long time, and when I watched them the first time, I didn't really pick up on any of the nuances of what he was saying about putting pressure on the feet.

Took me a few watches today to correlate what you were saying about me making my move to early and my rear heal going away from the basket instead of towards it.

I had a sneaky suspicion that my issues were stemming from my feet, so I am excited to get out and try this in the field today.

When you say I am getting flat on my rear heel, I am assuming then to correct this, I should stay more on the balls of my feet until my plant foot lands solid?

Old 10-01-2013, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Many top throwers never let the rear heel near the ground. It will change your balance and how your use your rear foot. When you let your weight get into the rear heel it has a strong tendency to stop or slow momentum when you should be accelerating.