Old 10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just signed up for the PDGA and I've got a question.

I'm signed up for my first PDGA tourney next weekend, and when I signed up I wasn't a PDGA member so I paid the extra 10, etc. I don't mind having paid the extra $10, but will I show up as a member for this first tourney? I'd like to be able to get my rating from this tourney.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorri67 View Post
I'm signed up for my first PDGA tourney next weekend, and when I signed up I wasn't a PDGA member so I paid the extra 10, etc. I don't mind having paid the extra $10, but will I show up as a member for this first tourney? I'd like to be able to get my rating from this tourney.
Contact the TD and give him your new PDGA number. Bring a copy of the confirmation email with you, but you likely won't need it.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Contact the TD and give him your new PDGA number. Bring a copy of the confirmation email with you, but you likely won't need it.
^--This. If you have a PDGA number and proof of payment, you're golden. TDs usually get an updated list of members (active and not) a couple days before the event which you will probably appear on anyway. But if you don't, giving your number should be enough to have the TD include it with the results and having the confirmation should be enough to get your $10 refunded.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 61
He may even give you some leeway if you tell him you signed up but don't have a number yet.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 30
Will he get a PDGA # if he only paid $10? I thought that got you in to a tournament, but did not actually get you a membership #.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 168
Liver is correct.......nobody read what he actually wrote.........

jm67 is only a temp member with NO PDGA # for that Event only.....If he signs up as a new member he can use the code and get $10 off his new membership and since it is past 10/1 he would get the rest of 2103, plus all of 2014 and wouldn't need to renew until 2015.
Other that that he would have to pay $10 each time he played a PDGA sanctioned Event....
Old 10-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 117
If you only paid the $10 fee for being a non-PDGA member, you are not currently a member. If you did pay the $50 membership fee to join the PDGA, you will be entitled to a refund of your $10 fee when you check in at tournament central, just bring your paperwork. The TD should also have an updated list, but bring your paperwork to confirm.

To answer the rest of his question, you be able to see the round ratings for the scores you shot once they're posted. This will help you get a feel for what your player rating is. But, if you just paid the $10 fee the rounds will not affect your player rating. if you joined the PDGA, they will be factored into your player rating when they do the next ratings update.

So, did you just pay the $10 non-PDGA member fee, the $50 PDGA membership fee, or both?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 88
When the title says that he just joined the PDGA, does that not mean that he just joined the PDGA?
Old 10-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagedLIVER View Post
Will he get a PDGA # if he only paid $10? I thought that got you in to a tournament, but did not actually get you a membership #.
He said he joined the PDGA after he had already signing up for a tourney and payed the $10 non-member fee.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Chris View Post
When the title says that he just joined the PDGA, does that not mean that he just joined the PDGA?
The title says that, but his post does not, and since he seems to be confused about the whole process, I'm gonna bet he thought paying the $10 got him a PDGA membership.....Let's see if he actually comes back to let us know the entire story.......