Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Colorado front range (Denver Metro Area)
Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 101
If you move to Portland you get world class courses, world class breweries, a big tech scene with both big industry and start ups, three tech companies that have disc golf courses on campus, and a culture where being a computer geek is actually cool and will get you laid. The downside is you have to get used to rain for large chunks of the year. But our summers are very hard to beat.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderMike41370 View Post
OK. Hands down California has the BEST weather and some epic courses. Forget those other states. Sunny almost all the time, Los Angeles, Central Coast, Monterey bay area, Santa Cruz, San Diego, San Fransisco, first course of Disc Golf installed in Pasadena. And the women.......ohhhh man the women.
California is great. But as someone in the tech industry, the city his career would eventually take him to (San Fransisco/San Jose) hasn't been able to get their city to allow more than one disc golf course. So there's that.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOtter View Post
Colorado front range (Denver Metro Area)
This is where I plan to go. It's a good area that has options. During the summer months there is a option to play anything from high altitude mountain golf to stuff that peppered up and down the front range. During the winter, most of the front range is open for play. There is also a LOT of players out that way (clubs/leagues/tournament) and the number of courses are growing every year.
Colorado gets my vote!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 219
NC. It's not just Charlotte. The Raleigh area has a lot going on as well especially with the Clubs up there. Plus the amount of Solid courses spread throughout the State is pretty cool. You can go on a lot of road trips to play golf at the Beach or the mountains in only a few hours as well as play solid golf at home. We rarely get any snow and if we did you would get a kick out of the people freaking out over 2 inches. The only thing I would imagine that you would find unbearable at first here is the Humidity. It can get pretty intense.

Plus the people down here are nice unlike all of those damn Yankees. NC FTW!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Are there some good states up north for disc golf... yeah.... about half the year.

IMO it is much easier to play year-round in the north. Put on an extra layer and get out for a brisk round of winter golf. Finish the beer before it freezes, and skip shots off the water hazards. Good times. Summer golf means sunburn, bugs, packing up coolers, and lugging extra water around. 3 months of that is enough, who wants to deal with all that for 9 or more months out of the year?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 41
Northern Delaware has a great DG community with some awesome courses. It also puts you within driving distance of making day trips to some awesome courses around PA. A lot of major companies HQs are in DE because of the low taxes the state offers. The weather is great to, you still get all the seasons but the winter isn't that bad at all.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 AM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 89
Just by density of great courses and weather, I'd have to think NC is a clear pick as top DG spot. WI, MI, and MN would be up there if not for the harsh winters. I play in the winter, but I wouldn't be sad to have a tshirt on in January while chuckin' plastic.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Sweet! Another I'll name Charlotte and my home town thread!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveThrower43 View Post
Plus the people down here are nice unlike all of those damn Yankees. NC FTW!
The damn Yankees are the ones like me who move here and stay here. It's safe enough, most of the skirmishes from the war of the northern aggression have ended....

Charlotte has awesome courses, but it's congested (I guess it all depends on where you live and work, what the commute is...). Raleigh (or more like RTP for you) has a bunch of pretty decent courses and about 25% of the congestion, plus Charlotte is an easy drive for weekend trips, etc. (and a lot of transplanted northerners)