Old 12-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Birdie Member

Got asked on the same day if I had smokes weed or heroin by some random kids living in the apartments nearby. On a different day at the same park I was playing doubles and a large illiterate black woman came up to my partner and I and tried to read from some holy book. Not sure what book it was because as I said she was pretty damn illiterate.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Patrick Kane?
so the guy knows how to party...with the likes of lord stanley. frig off
Old 12-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
So I end up playing with a couple dudes at my local park. We get to one hole and we all go up and drive. One of the guys throws his disc into the bushes so we all go and help him find it. It took us a good 15 minutes to track the sucker down and by that time we got back and me and one of the other guy's discs had gone missing. We looked around for them and they turned up about 60 feet from where they had landed.

I think the children at a nearby picnic event are to blame....
Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 38
I'm sure others have see this at Idlewild Park in Charlotte (The Scrapyard). On hole #10 there have been dead crawfish all over the tee pads. One time on the long tee and once on the short. Huge pain because of the flies and my dog wants to have a snack.

Finally received a 3rd hand explanation when I played with a guy a few weeks ago. His buddy ran into a couple lingering around the hole. The couple was evasive on what they were doing, but he found out that they were filming some sort of foot fetish video walking in dead crawfish (or maybe they were alive at the beginning of the video).

Maybe someone else has seen these or knows more about the story.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradus View Post
I'm sure others have see this at Idlewild Park in Charlotte (The Scrapyard). On hole #10 there have been dead crawfish all over the tee pads. One time on the long tee and once on the short. Huge pain because of the flies and my dog wants to have a snack.

Finally received a 3rd hand explanation when I played with a guy a few weeks ago. His buddy ran into a couple lingering around the hole. The couple was evasive on what they were doing, but he found out that they were filming some sort of foot fetish video walking in dead crawfish (or maybe they were alive at the beginning of the video).

Now that's a weird ass fetish.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 35
Quote:

I love those videos even more now that I know they were filmed at a disc golf course.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 72
Quote:

Definitely the WEIRDEST thing I've ever heard of at a disc golf course.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
We have a phantom pooper on our local course

Found a few piles of poo near teepads and baskets
Old 12-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 7
Strange/Scary

I was playing a round at a local course here in MI when this happened. I overdrove one of the holes and when I went back in the bushes to look for it I heard a low growling sound no more than 25 feet away from me. I got my disc and got outta there. I was playing alone.

Two days later I went back to play by myself again and I heard the growling on a different hole. I looked to where the growling was coming from and saw a dark shape about hip height move out of sight. I was terrified at this point. I collected the discs I threw and left the one that was closest to the area where I saw the movement. The growling stopped but I was still getting out of there. The forest lines the left side of the fairway on this hole so I turned back around and started back up the hill towards the tee pad. I heard the growl again. This time from the top of the hill just to the right inside the forest. I stopped, turned left away from the forest and did a big loop around back to the parking lot.

This animal didn't growl at people in groups, just individuals. I haven't gone back for a solo round since I saw pictures of a Mountain Lion on a guys trail cam just on the other side of the disc golf course. The DNR came out and said there was nothing. One other person went out solo and heard the growling.

I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I'm not playing any solo rounds there anytime soon.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by archon21 View Post
I was playing a round at a local course here in MI when this happened. I overdrove one of the holes and when I went back in the bushes to look for it I heard a low growling sound no more than 25 feet away from me. I got my disc and got outta there. I was playing alone.

Two days later I went back to play by myself again and I heard the growling on a different hole. I looked to where the growling was coming from and saw a dark shape about hip height move out of sight. I was terrified at this point. I collected the discs I threw and left the one that was closest to the area where I saw the movement. The growling stopped but I was still getting out of there. The forest lines the left side of the fairway on this hole so I turned back around and started back up the hill towards the tee pad. I heard the growl again. This time from the top of the hill just to the right inside the forest. I stopped, turned left away from the forest and did a big loop around back to the parking lot.

This animal didn't growl at people in groups, just individuals. I haven't gone back for a solo round since I saw pictures of a Mountain Lion on a guys trail cam just on the other side of the disc golf course. The DNR came out and said there was nothing. One other person went out solo and heard the growling.

I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I'm not playing any solo rounds there anytime soon.
What Course?

WE have a course on GVSU(Grand Valley State for you non Michigan people) and there was a condom welded to the basket