Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
there is a barred owl at a local course and once in a while at dusk the couple scare the crap out of me. They had chicks one year too. that was so cool, but they still managed to scare me that night too.
Those things make some spooky sounds!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr8k View Post
Sunset Park in Las Vegas- There are bums lying around everywhere. Thats not the strange part. When the police come and sweep the park, a lot of the bums stagger to their feet and start throwing discs around. I guess the cops cant kick them out if they are throwing discs?
2 years ago, my son and I were playing a round there with a local that we just met, when, all of a sudden, as we were walking up to a tee pad, a ratty looking old guy jumps up and "runs" to the tee right in front of us and throws a lame shot more or less down the fairway. We both go "WTF?" The local says "there must be a cop around." Sure enough, we look towards the parking lot and there's one cruising through. He said it happens all the time. That old dude either had good eyes or a sixth sense.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by koogs View Post
2 years ago, my son and I were playing a round there with a local that we just met, when, all of a sudden, as we were walking up to a tee pad, a ratty looking old guy jumps up and "runs" to the tee right in front of us and throws a lame shot more or less down the fairway. We both go "WTF?" The local says "there must be a cop around." Sure enough, we look towards the parking lot and there's one cruising through. He said it happens all the time. That old dude either had good eyes or a sixth sense.

can someone please get some video of this? it just sounds fun to watch
Old 10-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnot View Post
can someone please get some video of this? it just sounds fun to watch
It would be funnier if the guy comes running up and throws their disc though.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
there is a barred owl at a local course and once in a while at dusk the couple scare the crap out of me. They had chicks one year too. that was so cool, but they still managed to scare me that night too.
I had two of these things "talking" back and forth the other night on the course. Not necessarily scary, but being almost dark and not knowing where these things are just kind of gives off that creepy feeling that makes your hair on your neck stand up.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Birdie Member

Had a homeless lady solicit sex before doubles play. Also a homeless take a piss in the middle of the fairway as we were about to tee off.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 53
Send a message via Skype™ to tarel
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcc View Post
I played at a course in South Texas that was "the spot" for this. I wasn't really aware of it until I walked into the bathroom one morning and surprised a nice older couple. Same cars and same guys hanging around the parking lot every morning.

Bummer was that the city would occasionally lock the restrooms. You just never knew when...

This spot is known as the parking by the bridge or hole 5 little Lehigh parkway.
Same guys, every time I p[lay this course. Its like a craigslist/backpage destination creepy as sht
Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 54
Just saw this tonight at my home course, Timber Lane in Spring, TX. This was sitting on the basket of hole #8

Old 10-28-2013, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 54
Right now I am getting reports from the news that a body was found at the Stone Bridge Church disc golf course in The Woodlands , TX.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 57
Played a tournament in Cortez, Colorado this summer and we came upon a homeless couple passed out directly underneath the basket on Hole 4. I walked up there and spoke loudly at them, finally waking up the man. I tried to explain that they were in a dangerous spot, but he was either drunk or stoned and didn't seem to understand a word I said. He finally woke up his significant other, and after much arm waving I got them to move under a tree that was about 50 feet from the basket. Good times...