Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
My buddy asked a few weeks back and he said it was his work out. When he played through us this past Friday we were already walking to get our drives when he yelled if he could play through. We gave him puzzled looks instead of an actual response, it took a second to realize what he was doing.

It would be one thing if he wanted to play through with us and follow the standard etiquette of when to throw. But we had finished the hole and signaled clear to the group behind us before he came back for his drive after teeing off on the next hole. Just an odd thing to do at peak playing time after work.

I saw a group pick up one of his discs confused so I am guessing one or two have gone missing over the years.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 04:07 PM

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
He has asked every time (I'm guessing I've seen him at least half a dozen times) and he runs to his disc to get out of the way. He moves fast enough that I tee, let him throw, and by the time I get to my disc he's off the hole. As people playing through goes, this guy is one of the best. I'm not sure about the teeing off then going back to putt, I've never seen him do that (maybe he does and I can see where that would be odd). But, I know he drops his bag off for sections that loop so he can pick it up after running through multiple holes without it. Maybe we're talking about different guys, but I know I saw the guy I'm talking about on Friday.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 40
What does he look like? Black hair?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
I must have been a few holes in front of you, he caught us on holes 5/6. He has to be the same guy we are talking about and probably has a routine that he follows. We may have experienced a one off with him, as you have said he tees off with you and then finishes up the hole. I didn't mean this thread to come across as "attacking" him, I thought it was a weird thing to do at peak time. But hey can't fault him for wanting to stay in shape.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:35 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 817
I've seen people running the course and I've done it myself (though I did it at a deserted course where I didn't have to worry about getting stuck behind people). It doesn't bother me in the least to let someone run through, it maybe takes 30 seconds for someone moving that fast to be completely out of my way. If I'm in enough of a hurry that 30 seconds makes a difference to me I probably don't have time to be out on the course.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 40
It isn't me but it was me back in 03-04. I use to play with the guy at Acorn. Good guy, don't punch him in the face. Probably the same guy, you dont run into many runners.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 27
Ran into a guy doing this at Low Gap (Ukiah, CA) a few times. My buddy and I were laughing our @sses off at his 'Extreme Disc Golf Skills' but complete lack of common sense. The course is a bit of a monster up and down the side of the mountain and some of the holes are blind. He was pitching his driver off tees without even looking, then playing through groups without saying a word. Must be his cardio routine ...or....maybe...just maybe....he has no idea how to interact in a (somewhat) civilized society. He almost nailed me twice.....and yes I had words with him in a very polite but forceful manner.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 143
This guy has come up before:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ning+Man+Acorn
I have yet to run into him (or more accurately have him run past me), but I really only play Acorn in the winter.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 31
ITT: Angry chub chubs

Old 11-06-2013, 12:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
ITT: Angry chub chubs
hahaha.

well, i haven't seen him, surprisingly. good to know there are still interesting things that can happen on the course.