Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Deis Hill DGC in Dover, Ohio

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

This is one of my favorite courses. It feels so good to have a hole I can throw for max D and still be hundreds of feet out from the pin.

The first time I came to this course #1 immediately had me impressed.

After playing it for years I've noticed the good and the bad.

What I like:

- Huge holes. 800' for 13, 980' for 1 etc. I love it.

- Exemplary teepads and teesigns, among the best I've seen.

- Nice practice basket location, with elevation to putt up or down from and plenty of space for pracicing upshots and even short drives.

- Three full sets of tees, offering a dramatic change in experience going from red to blue.

- Beautiful park setting. Dover is alsays a little sunnier and warmer than Canton, less pollution I'd imagine.

- The course is always in immaculate shape. Its maintained very, very well.

- There is elevation in play on every hole except #11 from white / red. Some very drastic spots like the tee shot for #14 blue and the right side of 17's fairway are highly memorable. Honestly this course is so hilly I have teouble getting my more out of shape friends to join me when its warm out

Things I think could be improved:

- Some of the holes are too wide open. As fun and memorable as #1 is I think it would be better with a few more trees to force line shaping off the tee. Same with a few others like #13 and #18.

- I would of liked to see the woods between 11, 12 and 14 be used, but maybe they were too swampy or they couldn't use them because of the nature trail. Could of been two or three nice wooded holes carved out there it looks like.

- For a course that puts a lot of emphasis on length its sad to see that about half the blue tees are kickboards, while all the red and white are paved. Granted the majority of the natural tees for the blues are some of the beter ones I've used, but the rest of the tees spoiled me I suppose.

Overall I'd give it a 4.5/5. I think its phenomenal, and would only need a few more trees and teepads to be a 5.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 39
Sweet video, I definitely want to play here before the weather starts to get bad. Once I realized that it was the #1 rated course in Ohio and that it is "only" two and a half hours away from where I live, it became a sought out course for me. Your video makes me want to get out there even more, looks like a super fun course.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl724 View Post
Sweet video, I definitely want to play here before the weather starts to get bad. Once I realized that it was the #1 rated course in Ohio and that it is "only" two and a half hours away from where I live, it became a sought out course for me. Your video makes me want to get out there even more, looks like a super fun course.
Maybe we'll sneak out there on Thursday if we get going early enough...
Old 10-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 39
is right! That'd be sick

Old 11-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 107
Deis Hill is very worth playing - possibly the best course I've played in the state. I only had an opportunity to play it from the blue tees though (middle of a road trip home after living in Georgia for a few years). I'd love to get back out there sometime, one of these summers.