Old 11-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Years Playing: 36.6
Courses Played: 1
Twice I have had people call me to tell me they found my lost disc at a course I have never played. I got the discs back a bit more beat up then when I lost them.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
I got my American Flag dyed XPress back over a year after I lost it at William Jewell. I know someone found it because I went back the next day and it was gone, but then I got a call a year later saying he had found the disc at the course. I was super excited and wasn't expecting to ever get that disc back.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatsmith View Post
I'm in possession of two discs that I'm sure the owners miss dearly but alas the contact info is badů anyone know of a Dan Ellefson? How about a Jason "Leppy"? Two sweet discs found in Prescott, Az. One at School House Gulch and one at Watson Lake.
Don't know either of them, but a couple of minutes Google-ing the names + 'disc golf' led to this guy...
...and though it's a stretch (to Ottawa), the other could conceivably be this guy...
anyone know them?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 21
I have easily returned 30+ discs over the last 2 DG seasons (pond diving and creek checking). I've returned multiple discs to the same person before, and I've returned the same disc to one guy twice.

Never had any of my lost discs returned though. I have bought my own disc back from PIAS though....soooo thats kind of the same....looks like Earl Hickey was wrong, karma is a crock
Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 66
i lost a c-pd during a glow round at schumaker pond back in january 2011. it lived in the pond for well over two years, and i just got it back less than a month ago. the light was still attached. it was no more than 25' from the edge of the water, and the area had been searched many times.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
I had a GREAT colorshift Fuse go into a pond....got a call 6-8 months later that a guy found it on 13 holes later.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 18
When there is owner info on a disc, I always give the owner a text or call, probably 20 or times since I started discing. I don't find (or lose for that matter) many discs nowadays. But, about 5 months ago I was playing a round at Lake Nacodoches after helping a buddy move when I lost a sweet Z Buzz. I tossed out an extra throw that faded out hard and planned to pick it up when holed out. Of course, I left it behind and wasn't expecting any kind of word about my lost disc. About a week later, i got a call from a guy who found it in Dallas of all places Being 5 hours away, I told him to keep it and said I hoped he could get some good use out of it.

It sucked losing one of my main throwers, but it was nice to know that some people still try to return disc to their original owners. Go Karma!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 12
I had a XXX that I threw on a second or third shot and then spaced on in the middle of the fairway. When I realized it was gone from my bag I ran back to get it and it was gone. No phone calls or people acknowledging they picked it up. I had all but written it off, but about a year and a half later, I got a phone call from the course pro shop lost and found that someone had dropped it off. It had definitely been used and all I could think in my head was that I felt sorry for the person picking it up expecting it to fly straight!!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
I've had so many returned that I've lost count. One thing I've learned is to make friends with everyone out at the disc golf course, and make sure you return as many discs as you can.

Karma always pays off.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Had the police call me on a disc I had lost years ago. They said it was found in a stolen car and wanted to talk to me about the car. Stopped inking my discs with info after that. Now a distinguishing mark and resignation to never getting it back once I stop looking for it.
Good stuff right there. I'm thinking Michigan?

I promise I guessed before I looked.

One time I got a call from a guy who had actually left me 2 messages that I had never checked. I listened to his third one. He had my favorite ChampyStar Boss that I had lost 2 years prior. I was happy to get it back, and it was only a bit more worn in. It is still my go-to stable driver.