Old 11-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allurex View Post
*Lo and behold

EDIT: Not trying to be a grammar nazi, this is just one of those things you often here people say but may have never seen it actually written down. Similar to 'for all intents and purposes'.
*hear

EDIT: I am trying to be a grammar nazi, and a jerk as well.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Bogey Member

lost a champ wraith in may or something at my home course. See a buddy looking hard for his disc in september around the same zone... ask if he needs help and turns out he has found 2 other discs and one of them just happened to be mine! We found his disc shortly after. Its back at home in my bag with only some sun damage.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
My friend found a disc and still uses it today because someone just wrote like "Dave" or some other common first name on it. We've always been confused by that.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 163
I threw an ESP Nebula over a swamp hole (with trees) in a touranment ... didn't think I was capable of that level of stupidity - turns out, I am. It's never a good thing when your release is immediately followed by ****! The swamp was particularly nasty - didn't think I'd ever see that disc again.

Someone fished it out and sold it to a guy in my league who bought it for someone he knows who likes ESP Nebulae. He thought the name on the disc was familiar and approached me about it. I was so happy to get it back, I got him a variety six pack of Leinenkugel's... he was happy, I was happy.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 11-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
Returned disc stories...
Threw one old Z Predator into the same ditch/creek three times over one year and had it returned all three times. Took the hint, stopped throwing that disc.

Same ditch/creek claimed my prized tye-dyed X-Stratus. Looked for it for 30 minutes, waste-deep in ditch/creek water and could not find it. Had a buddy find it two years later, in that same creek, much worse for the wear (somebody obviously found it and used for two years and lost it in the same creek). Decided to retire that one as well.

Just got a call last night for a disc that I don't remember losing... I remember it, just not how it got lost.

Lost a disc on #7 Bennett's Creek in Suffolk, Va. It was in the Fall, so probably slid under some leaves. Good man found it two months later on Hole 10. He had to mail it to NC. Not much extra wear, thankfully.

Lots of similar stories...

Last edited by DiscJunkie; 11-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:57 PM

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 51
Ive gotten 2 back this past month one was a old favorite that i lost in a lake and went looking for twice but never found, this was maybe 3 years ago. The disc is still in good condition too. Im assuming someone found it and threw it for awhile and lost it eventually either way its nice to have it back.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

I find give back far more than I've gotten back, but, I did once purposely threw a dx kite far into the brush in hopes no one would have to suffer than much frustration(90 degree hyzer flips that burned). Got a call back and told them it was there's, and to beware. Not even usable for rollers. In retrospect it would've made a good dog bowl.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 35
2 months ago I had a guy text me saying that he found my disc at Oak Park. I replied that he may have the wrong number because we dont have a Oak Park anywhere near here. He said no I have the right number and he sent my name and number on it. I replied saying that this was me and what disc was it. He told me it was a off white KC 12x star wraith...at this time I knew it was real because ALONGGGG time ago I found this disc with no name in the bushes. I inked it and lost it a few days later. I didnt care since I found it and had no attachment to it. I basically told him that he has a free disc since Im in NC, but I was curious where he was from since I didnt recognize the area code. He told me that he was from Wichita KS. Funny how I lost it 2+ years ago and he texted me saying he had it if I wanted it back. Funny how that disc made it 1200ish miles from here.

If that guy happens to be on here and see this...Thanks for the good laugh, hope youre enjoying the disc!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHFH
Thumbs up Penguins vs Canucks - Stanley Cup 2014

Found a disc this summer that had John Weston with number on it . Easy find , couldn't really figure out how it was lost but I googled name and number and it was from Pittsburg ! I'm on the left coast of Canada ! I texted him and he said keep it . I told him if Canucks play Penguins for Stanley Cup , I'll try to make it out for a game and I'll return it !

Had a call about a disc I lost 2 years ago , and told him to keep it . It was being used at the local beach , much softer life than the rocks and trees on our course!

But if someone finds my pink Page Pierce Stalker on #8 at Hornings Hideout , it only has 'Ezo' written on it .....

Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdidwell View Post
My friend found a disc and still uses it today because someone just wrote like "Dave" or some other common first name on it. We've always been confused by that.
Dave Dunipace writes Dave D on the front of his discs