Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Now that's a pro call-out

Below is what Gregg Barsby just posted on FB. Pretty much taking some folks to task I guess??!

Quote:
This is a call to arms. A call to the arms of the guys who I travel and compete against all the time as I pursue my dreams of making a life out of playing Disc Golf. I understand not everyone on my facebook pages is in that position, so please, I understand you may feel strongly this way or that way about it... but this really is not intended or aimed at you. It's more geared towards the best players in the world (my peers) who have continually taken this "path" and I'm finally going to type some stuff down. CHANGE is a big thing people talk about in our little game guys... and yes, its still little but growing bigger all the time.

Isn't it about time that the selfishness, cheating, clawing, and begging for the "pinnacle" of achievement comes to a close? look, me of all people can understand how difficult it is to stay out on the road and play for a long time with nickels and dimes to live on, even when I've had my great stretches of golf in my career, it still came with a price to do this and its not all awesome, all the time. Okay, your reading this and say "yeah well I'm a super-competitor" or whatever. yeah thats great, so am I... thats why we've played together, this is our sport. The "Clique"-iness has reached a new height, and the shadiness of some of the golfers has hit an all time low. Do you realize what you're doing can affect all of our futures? who's going to pay a bunch of little babies who are ungratful for the things they DO have.. and only have an unquenchable thirst for something more, or better for themselves and them only.

When will you see that acting like this, or not following some simple rules is what will keep our game in the dark and behind the shadows of all the mainstream media outlets... they know what a show is... THIS **** WON'T FLY... ya feel me... it won't fly... you love things that fly right? IT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE! I'm not using caps to yell either, i wan't that to be bold. and I feel bold, and somewhat alone in my fight to get this thing right... you know who you all are ...i surely do...

Hear me out guys (i can't speak for the gals I don't play event rounds in the division) Look, I've been playing disc golf now for 20 years now... TWENTY YEARS! I learned and was taught the ways of old by some of the hall of famers and legendary people you kids have never even heard of, growing up in California... where the game started. WHY ARE YOU MESSING THIS UP? WE JUST WILL CONTINUE DOWN THIS ROAD!! I'm trying to make something out of life and you are not doing me... (or yourself) any justice because of the silly games or lack of integrity in regards to rulings on the road... where's the comradery between the players? We ALL need to step up and ACT like real professionals before anyone will ever treat us like one or get paid like one... and I know you want that. Okay thats all for now... and oh yeah... there's more. It's not over. thanks for reading... (by the way I will say the rulebook needs to be re-done)
Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
It seems that he typed a lot but didn't really say anything.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
It seems that he typed a lot but didn't really say anything.
Pretty much.

He seems to be trying to call certain people out without actually naming names or confronting them directly.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
Pretty much.

He seems to be trying to call certain people out without actually naming names or confronting them directly.
That's kinda what I got out of it too. Awfully vague, though.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: LHBH
Yep. It does seem like he is talking about a large, young clique of players always looking for something more for themselves without regards for others. This has gotta be a shot at the Prodigy guys.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: LHBH
Yawn. Vaguebooking at its verbose best. A lot of words that don't really say anything at all.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 11
What is this guy talking about?

Drunk rant?
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Eagle Member

OK, you guys reading this, it is your responsibility to take action! We can't stand this kind of behavior anymore. You know what I'm talking about and you know who you are. Now go do the thing you are supposed to do, because you know it is the right unspecified thing to do!

DO IT! NOW!

And don't give me any excuses about an iron leaf either, this is serious business.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 122
Send a message via AIM to New013
It's vague and doesn't make sense to you because he's not talking to you. I bet the guys this rant is aimed at know exactly what he's getting at.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 155
I agree to all of the above in terms of it being vague, but it does seem that if the intended audience actually reads it, there's a very good chance they'll know it was aimed at them and what it's all about. However, that doesn't mean they'll do squat about it.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 11-05-2013 at 04:01 PM.