Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 402
Throwing Style: RHBH
groomsmen custom dyes by discgolforegon

So I'm getting married in a couple of weeks. Three of the four people standing up in my wedding already played disc golf. I also managed to get the fourth one hooked too. We had an outing last Saturday to Lemon Lake for what they were calling "Bachelor Party #1". From standing up in other weddings, I never really been a big fan of flasks or hammers with initials on them. It might also be because my initials spell out DAD.

I cannot draw. I could not draw Fido from the Sprite commercials if I tried. I don't think I could make a nice stick family that are on the back of cars today. I thought it would be pretty cool to take those highway sign logos (for lodging, gas, etc) and turn it into a custom dye based on activities of the day. I reached out to Nate (discgolforegon) with just my idea, no rough draft or anything. He brought my idea to life.

Here's one (I cannot figure out how to make the image bigger):

All four discs were perfect. They arrived a week before I requested them by. Everyone loved them. My fiance and I were guessing the order of excitement the guys would be. We both got the first one correct (because it was obvious who would be most excited) but the other three were a lot harder to tell apart. They kept looking at them the entire ride to Lemon Lake (about an hour for me)...and back. Only one person threw their disc at Lemon (once). One of them talked another one into throwing one on 18 on the Blue course and they all made sure together that they found the disc. Hilarious.

In Summary, Thanks Nate! I definitely recommend discgolforegon for custom dyes. Fair pricing, great continuous commincation, and outstanding stock discs options too. If you need something done and cannot do it yourself...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 25
WOOT... thanks for the praise. Glad that everyone liked the discs.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 331
I played a round with DGOregon at Whistlers a few months back and saw some of his custom dies up close... good stuff. The best I've seen.
DSCJNKY
Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 25
Yeah i think you played a round with Anthony my Sponsored player. good times!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 402
Throwing Style: RHBH
Definitely gonna go back to him when I settle on what I am throwing for sure and get some dyed stuff for myself. I wasn't really into the whole dyed disc thing, but having something custom, just as you want, would look cool being pulled out of the bag at a tourney. This way when my throws are bad, my disc art makes up for it.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:10 PM

Lightbulb try out flydiscs for custom disc golf discs for bachelors and groomsmen

hey - kind of an old thread now but I came across it as a top search result and thought we should add in an update that now we offer full-color printed disc golf discs and we do get a lot of bachelor party and groomsmen / wedding orders. Custom discs has come a long way in the past few years and we've made it easier than ever really. Our site is really easy to use and lets you design your discs online and upload your own photos and stuff. The entire designer is free to use so you have no obligation to purchase by trying out some custom disc designs and having some fun with it.

Our discs are full color prints, not dyes technically but DyeMax (by dynamic discs) is the printer partner so the wording is ambiguous, a lot of people are after full color print these days and still calling it custom dyes.

Here's the link to the site:

http://www.flydiscs.com

feel free to email us with any questions or bulk rates for orders of more than 20 discs.

Thanks.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolforegon View Post
WOOT... thanks for the praise. Glad that everyone liked the discs.
Was gonna check your site. But got this instead

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."