#1  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:11 AM
roggenb3's Avatar
roggenb3 roggenb3 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Madtown
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 71
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 611
The Dyed Aces Thread

The Lost dyes thread was sad, and made me think about how I have as many dyed aces as I do lost dyes. So this is a thread for talking about all the aces you or others have gotten with discs that you dyed!

I aced hole 1 (right pin position) at Hiestand with Bruce:


And the guy I did this one for aced hole 16 (right pin position) at Hiestand with this:


I also helped someone dye their own disc (don't have a pic), which they then aced Token Creek hole 26 with.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 AM
goosefraba1's Avatar
goosefraba1 goosefraba1 is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,489
Hmmmm..... my 1st dyed disc ace was with a camo dyed star monster. 2nd was with a ring dyed breaker. No pics right now :/

Also.... that eyeball is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2015, 10:43 AM
RUSSELL's Avatar
RUSSELL RUSSELL is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cincinnati
Years Playing: 34.9
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,392
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2015, 03:42 PM
BennettUA's Avatar
BennettUA BennettUA is offline
Lefty Activist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,839
Great idea for a thread, and great reasoning!

Most recent ace was with my "I would die without you" GL River, hole 1 at Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC.

Naturally, I took the lefty line I love to power down on fairways for control shots like these, and this one was butter on bread. Even had the parks guys to witness from their golf cart!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Stardoggy's Avatar
Stardoggy Stardoggy is offline
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Plymouth, WI
Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettUA View Post
Great idea for a thread, and great reasoning!

Most recent ace was with my "I would die without you" GL River, hole 1 at Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC.

Naturally, I took the lefty line I love to power down on fairways for control shots like these, and this one was butter on bread. Even had the parks guys to witness from their golf cart!


Dang...that course must be brand new. I go down to Spartanburg for work about once a year, and don't remember that being there last time I was down there last Feb. Can't wait to hit that next time I'm down there...will be nice to not have to go all the way up to Va-Du-Mar.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2015, 01:47 PM
koogs's Avatar
koogs koogs is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waterloo WI
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 100
Posts: 983

Aced hole 17 at Bird's Ruins in January of 2013 with this. Then in the summer, I got my first witnessed ace at a Tourney in Saukville, hole 9, same disc. The next day, I aced hole 17 again at Bird's Ruins (again witnessed), same disc. Then, later in the summer, got hole 17 again at Bird's, same disc. So, to sum up, 4 aces in 2013, all with this disc. To say this is "my ace disc" would be an understatement.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2015, 03:16 PM
BennettUA's Avatar
BennettUA BennettUA is offline
Lefty Activist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Dang...that course must be brand new. I go down to Spartanburg for work about once a year, and don't remember that being there last time I was down there last Feb. Can't wait to hit that next time I'm down there...will be nice to not have to go all the way up to Va-Du-Mar.
Tyger is brand new, installed in October. Lots of fun, some great long holes. If you like Va-Du-Mar, you'll like Tyger. Not as challenging as VDM, not as many wooded shots, but TONS of fun and a beautiful park.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2015, 06:05 PM
sisyphus's Avatar
sisyphus sisyphus is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Porkopolis
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 203
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,591
Back in May of 2013, I aced my first throw at Miami U's nine hole course with this MVP Tensor, dyed by DyeingToPlay. His 'commission' was to dye something related to my online persona. He did a pretty good job with idea and execution (thanks, Brian!), so I'm really proud to have this as an ace disc!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2015, 03:52 AM
Duff-Dyed's Avatar
Duff-Dyed Duff-Dyed is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: metro detroit, MI
Courses Played: 21
Posts: 158
hit my first ace w this disc. one of my favorites but i retired it. esp buzzz. hole 16 brys park. may of last year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myfirstace5.21.14.jpg (139.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg carnage.jpg (72.0 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 03-28-2015, 07:57 AM
All Day's Avatar
All Day All Day is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Back in May of 2013, I aced my first throw at Miami U's nine hole course with this MVP Tensor, dyed by DyeingToPlay. His 'commission' was to dye something related to my online persona. He did a pretty good job with idea and execution (thanks, Brian!), so I'm really proud to have this as an ace disc!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.