Old 03-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffcarvercustomdisc View Post
i bought a new anode, unstamped, today at the grand opening of the disc golf store in st clair shores... i haven't decided exactly what ill be dying on it, but i know I'm going to use the new dye samples. maybe ill do a shaving cream bed, but I'm excited to try the dish soap method too... idk. we will see. i just ordered the stock colors, now I'm wishing i would have done some custom neon colors... those are what i really would like to get/test.
You mean with prochemicals or pylam? Was gonna say if you mean pylam, just contact them again. Aaron at Pylam has sent me several shipments of dyes. Not the same color more than once, but hes sent out probably 3 shipments of different colors to me. He's been more than helpful. Also I have been talking to him about selling smaller quantities of dye since us disc dyers don't always necessarily need to buy a pound of 1 color of dye at a time :-P. Last I heard he's going to work out something where we can buy 2 oz per color, but we would need to buy 16 oz per order. So it'd be like 8 colors, 2 oz each. They should make me their sales rep...Kick me in on some commisions. Everybody's gonna be using this stuff I have a feeling as time goes on. It's a solid dye!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey113 View Post
Last I heard he's going to work out something where we can buy 2 oz per color, but we would need to buy 16 oz per order. So it'd be like 8 colors, 2 oz each.
Can I do this now, or are they still in the process of getting that going?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:13 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Can I do this now, or are they still in the process of getting that going?
Not sure. He just emailed me the other day about it. Sounded like he was still working it out. Could always email him though and see what he says.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
well, given the success of the dye, id place that 16oz order right off the bat w no issue... most likely even more than 16oz depending on the price... i have 3 different sets of one color... for different techniques, so the amount isn't an issue. what are you paying per 2oz?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffcarvercustomdisc View Post
well, given the success of the dye, id place that 16oz order right off the bat w no issue... most likely even more than 16oz depending on the price... i have 3 different sets of one color... for different techniques, so the amount isn't an issue. what are you paying per 2oz?
Im still workin through my free stuff. Think the pricing is on the sheet they send with the samples. Little over $100 bucks I think for a pound of dye
Old 03-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 8
This is my test disc with using the prochemicals dye mixed with liquid laundry detergent. The disc is a fuzion Judge. Basically about 1/2 tsp. prochemicals powder with a couple tablespoons of detergent. I did not add any of the intensifiers or such. the orange marble was an attempt at a nebula style dye that did not work the way I intended. There were 4 different colors of dye mixed in a bed of dishwasher detergent. For some reason only the orange took. Not sure why. And it didn't give me the look I was going for. I will play with this some more and see if I can get the results I am after. The yellow stripe, the blue stripe, the pink dot, and the dark blue dot are all prochemicals. Colors are Bright yellow, Bright blue, bright red, and turquoise. the orange is the prochemicals bright orange. the yellow dot is quick coat lime worm dip and the red is quick coat red worm dip. the black is a dip in idye poly black. No idea why it isn't nice and dark. It has worked perfectly on all the other dyes I have done with it.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky8 View Post
This is my test disc....
Even your test discs are beautiful my friend, nice work. Is pro chemicals dye available is small amounts? Seems like they got some nice colors.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Par Member

that disc still looks sharp as all get out man. quite the test disc!

I'm having issues w nebula not taking as intense as i expected, as well. tried it last night. mixed hand soap(my first mistake.) w pre mixed dye from my mason jar(pint jar of water +idye powder, heated) 3 eye dropper fuels added to about 1/8 cup of cheap dollar store hand soap. i was reluctant to test my first nebula w my clean and clear tide, because frankly, I'm a college "kid" (30 year old who went back after losing his big boy job ) money is tight. i should have just went for it. ill re try it in the next few days. waiting on my prochems to arrive.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey113 View Post
Im still workin through my free stuff. Think the pricing is on the sheet they send with the samples. Little over $100 bucks I think for a pound of dye
if I'm looking at $100 order out of the gate... i may not be making that order after all too rich for my blood atm.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Even your test discs are beautiful my friend, nice work. Is pro chemicals dye available is small amounts? Seems like they got some nice colors.
Prochemicals has a sample pack that isn't too expensive and has some basic colors in it in small sizes.