Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey113 View Post
Im still workin through my free stuff. Think the pricing is on the sheet they send with the samples. Little over $100 bucks I think for a pound of dye
A pound of dye could last you a decade
Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 60
just got a reply back from pylam, so i have samples in the mail. guess i will finally have to get off my lazy butt and dye. (haven't done a dye in months....)
Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffcarvercustomdisc View Post
if I'm looking at $100 order out of the gate... i may not be making that order after all too rich for my blood atm.
Maybe when you're ready let me know. I might go halvsies with ya. Im in Ann Arbor.

Also on the neb. Couple tips.

1. Laundry detergent mixed with dye for your dye mix
2. Dish gel for your base (dont make it too deep.Just enough to be a buffer)
3. Plate that fits the disc to a T (if at all possible)
4. Dont over blend. (Gotta go a little easier on it than shave cream. Like when flaring it out with the toothpick) little bit goes a long way.
5. Star plastic is choice for this method. Esp takes nice too

hope some of that might help...
Old 03-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky8 View Post
Prochemicals has a sample pack that isn't too expensive and has some basic colors in it in small sizes.
Any chance you could shoot me a link for that? I emailed them and they said I should get WashFast Acid Dyes, which doesn't sound right to me. This is the link they gave me: http://www.prochemicalanddye.com/home.php?cat=403
Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Any chance you could shoot me a link for that? I emailed them and they said I should get WashFast Acid Dyes, which doesn't sound right to me. This is the link they gave me: http://www.prochemicalanddye.com/home.php?cat=403
http://www.prochemicalanddye.com/home.php?cat=401

Last edited by Odyssey113; 03-13-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
i know i promised an update w my nebula, I've been busy and I'm about to go to work for the night... so no pics. but it is on my fb page in the for sale section. i think my bed was too deep and I'm going to mix straight dye powder w the laundry detergent next time, instead of droppers full of my mix that is already diluted into water.

oddyssey, ill let you know, but before i order, i need to make sure i dial in the colors I'm looking for...

i got my pylam today, and I'm shocked as to how intensive they are w this process, quite nice. however, I'm worried these colors are going to be the same old duo idye hues i already have... i want the bright florecents I'm seeing... do i have to go w the worm dip to use it? i do a lot of marble dye/spider dye/stencil dye... id like to offer this nebula too, if i can lock in the proper technique. can i get these magenta's and bright neon colors from prochem? can you choose the colors you get in their sample pack or are you married to the ones listed?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Par Member

Quote:
i know i promised an update w my nebula, I've been busy and I'm about to go to work for the night... so no pics. but it is on my fb page in the for sale section. i think my bed was too deep and I'm going to mix straight dye powder w the laundry detergent next time, instead of droppers full of my mix that is already diluted into water.

oddyssey, ill let you know, but before i order, i need to make sure i dial in the colors I'm looking for...

i got my pylam today, and I'm shocked as to how intensive they are w this process, quite nice. however, I'm worried these colors are going to be the same old duo idye hues i already have... i want the bright florecents I'm seeing... do i have to go w the worm dip to use it? i do a lot of marble dye/spider dye/stencil dye... id like to offer this nebula too, if i can lock in the proper technique. can i get these magenta's and bright neon colors from prochem? can you choose the colors you get in their sample pack or are you married to the ones listed?
Nah man. I wouldn't say that. Just depends what colors you requested. The one you said you liked of mine a few pages back, was all done with pylam for the non-spin sections of the disc. My favorites so far for neon'ish colors from them are fuschia, bright green, and flourescent yellow. They have a nice purple too. There is no way I could of achieved those type of neons using idye. Keep in mind all of my pylam dyes are also mixed with the prochemicals additives. It might have something to do with it. Not sure. I haven't really tested without. You can also make that bright green even brighter too mixing in a little bit of their fluorescent yellow. Just gotta play around with em and see what works best for what you're trying to achieve.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 AM
Par Member

have you used their "color creator"? I'm thinking about getting more samples, and just asking flat out for neon type colors. ill be ordering the additives in a min.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Par Member

Quote:
have you used their "color creator"? I'm thinking about getting more samples, and just asking flat out for neon type colors. ill be ordering the additives in a min.
I have not. All the colors I have currently I had requested thru Aaron. Also on the additives, you get everything you need in the sampler pack w/ prochemicals. Just a tip in case you wanna give their dyes a go as well. Think you get like a 1/2 oz of 6 colors plus the nsc dye carrier and synthrapol, for round $20 bucks. A little bit of the additives go a long way.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey113 View Post
I have not. All the colors I have currently I had requested thru Aaron. Also on the additives, you get everything you need in the sampler pack w/ prochemicals. Just a tip in case you wanna give their dyes a go as well. Think you get like a 1/2 oz of 6 colors plus the nsc dye carrier and synthrapol, for round $20 bucks. A little bit of the additives go a long way.
their kit cost me just over 16$ and thats including the shipping. I'm looking forward to using them.