Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: How honest are you really in claiming how far you can huck a disc online?
"I got my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for nobody...choo unnerstan me, mayne?" 119 73.01%
I've told a little white-lie a time or two, but don't be such a square, Daddio. 16 9.82%
I'd like to exercise my Fifth Amendment rights at this time, Your Honor. 2 1.23%
I haven't been properly Mirandized, so the question is irrelevant. 3 1.84%
I don't know why anyone would listen to me anyway... 23 14.11%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Question Distance honesty....honestly.

People here always say, "There's internet distance, and there's actual distance."

Since I grew up before Al Gore took the initiative to create the Internet, I'm pretty well-versed in the bravado that invariably accompanies the artificial social interaction that we call bulletin boards and Facebook.

That said, I have no illusions as to what the results of this poll will be. Asking people for honesty on the internet is no different than putting a long-distance phone call log beside the company phone in the break-room or requiring all gun owners to register their weapon(s) with the state. These things are only there to keep the honest people honest. Criminals and liars are going to do what they do and say what they say regardless of the "rules."

Nevertheless, I'm inclined to ask: How realio, trulio and for realzies are you when you talk here about how far you can throw?

Be honest.

Go...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 81
who knows
Old 01-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 34
When I talk about distance, I always mention a few things-

* Every day distance: Like I could go to a course right now and throw. This is usually something like 300 for Mids, 350 for Fairways, 400ish for Drivers.

* Good day distance: On a pretty good, above average day, I could get about an extra 50-100 feet on those distances. Mids about 350, Fairways 400, and Drivers getting near 500.

* Best day distance: On my best day, best day with good conditions and perfect throws. Mids still max around 350-375, Fairways nearly 450, and Drivers over 500.

Also, my longest drive ever was a Star Tern with a 20 mph tailwind at AM Worlds in Emporia, right around 600 feet. The hole was 676 feet and I was 70-80ish out on my drive. So that's just going off of the marked hole distance, however accurate that really is.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 17
425' This is with my beat nuke on flat ground with a hyzer flip with no wind. I have thrown well past 500 down hill. Now can I do that every time....no. I have to get just the right amount of flip on it.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 1
I'd like to think that I'm 100% honest. The reality is that I've never actually measured out my throws. Only paced them. I'm 6'2" and I have a fairly long stride. So, it's entirely possible that I throw farther than I think.

Either way, maxing out at around 300 is nothing to brag about.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 81
im 100% honest. no point in lying. im not have a d measuring contest. if you know what i mean
Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 55
I have a bad shoulder, and I have Tendonitis in my arm, so I can't throw like I used to. If I hit 300ft , I am having a good day, so I have to make it up with accuracy.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 189
this thread is gonna solve the "internet distance" conundrum
Old 01-06-2014, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 24
I put the "told a little white-lie" answer, mainly because when I'm measuring distances, is when I'm ON MY GAME, as in I've been playing frequently enough to stay in good form and such.

But lately that's not really been the case. I've been rather well for out of practice I am, but nowhere near where I should be.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Semper Fi

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 57
I've got no reason to lie about it, so I don't. I have a measuring wheel so I know that I can accurately talk about my distances.