Old 03-03-2014, 01:51 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWoj View Post
Okay, I completely misread your initial post. My bad on the comprehension level.

I wouldn't say it doesn't reward skill, merely that in an event filled with out-of-towners it tends to reward familiarity more than skill. All players having a week or prep-time and you're looking at a course that definitely rewards skilled shots.
Yep, sounds like we agree on that. My post was just in response to the guy who wanted to know which courses to spend practice time on. As much as I like Kereiakes, it's not going to reward you as much for extra practice time as the CC and Hobson.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 159
...and to get some practice for Ephram White (lower divisions course), make sure you've gotten in as many windy ice bowls as you could this winter, just in case.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 83
I lucked out in group h last year. Played Ephram Saturday morning with little to no wind.
Still threw 5 shots OB.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 55
Thank you all for those who chimed in on my questions. I appreciate your input; I now have a pretty good idea what I want to do once I arrive that Wednesday around noon.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames1014 View Post
I lucked out in group h last year. Played Ephram Saturday morning with little to no wind.
Still threw 5 shots OB.
I will only have friday morning to prepare and am playing rec. Which course would you say is the most challenging to play regardless of conditions?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I will only have friday morning to prepare and am playing rec. Which course would you say is the most challenging to play regardless of conditions?
What are the courses that rec plays this year, and what are your personal strengths and weaknesses?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
What are the courses that rec plays this year, and what are your personal strengths and weaknesses?
Lovers, Preston, Basil, White. I have a good sidearm and am better at shorter technical courses I can throw mids and putter pretty accurate at 250 and under and I use eagles to get from 250-300. I struggle with distance drives over the 310ft mark. Im not really sure how ill play with wind and I am prone to go ob when nervous.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
*Super Moderator*

Lovers and White are pretty much exactly what you see, as long as you make sure you're clear on the OB everywhere on White. I'd try to get a round in at Preston and Basil, those have more technical shots and more blind holes where you'll want to have an idea of the line you want to hit. They're also the ones where you'll have the chance to make up the most strokes if you're hitting accurate 250' shots and making your putts.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Lovers and White are pretty much exactly what you see, as long as you make sure you're clear on the OB everywhere on White. I'd try to get a round in at Preston and Basil, those have more technical shots and more blind holes where you'll want to have an idea of the line you want to hit. They're also the ones where you'll have the chance to make up the most strokes if you're hitting accurate 250' shots and making your putts.
Thanks for the info Ill focus on those!

Old 03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
I agree. Preston and Griffin have more technical shots aka trees. i'll be hitting those 2 first.i gave away a lot of shots on those 2 last year.