Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Youth League in South Jersey

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eAaW7HzaQ/edit
This is a flyer that I have created for a youth league at Stafford woods in southern new jersey. If you have experience running junior only events or leagues, please share your insight here, as it would be nice to learn from people who have done this before. If you have a son or daughter that may be interested I this league, or have any questions about it, please pm me on here or you can email me at stiranfin@gmail.com.

NOTE: this is not the flyer that will be used, as I was not able to upload the word flyer, this is the details of the league only.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Anybody with insight or tips on how to make this the best that it van be would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Birdie Member

Join South Jersey Disc Golf’s first ever youth disc golf league. All disc golfers ages 16 and under are officially invited to participate. All experience levels welcome.

Where: Stafford Woods disc golf course located on 2201 east Evesham rd Vorhees New Jersey

Dates: April 13, April 27, May 4, May 11, May 25, June 8

Price: $15 the first week, $5 every week thereafter. The $15 fee for the first week will cover, a disc, a league shirt, a mini, a bag tag, and a variety of stickers. A total value of at least $40!

Tentative schedule: for the first 20-30 minutes, the participants will receive a clinic on back aimed to help improve their game (Week 1: putting, Week 2: approaching, Week 3: learning stabilities, Week 4:backhand driving, Week 5: sidearm driving, Week 6: getting out of trouble). We will then proceed to do a contest to practice the skill learned. We will then go on to the course, and focus on utilizing the skill learned.

Prizes: If a participant makes 3/6 weeks, he/she will then be eligible for age division prizes, if more people make 3/6 weeks, the prizes will be better. The winner of the contest practicing the skill will receive one disc. One hole on the course will be selected as a CTP hole (closest to the pin) the person who wins the CTP will receive a disc

Divisions: 10 and under, 11-13, and 14-16. These are the divisions that will be used when awarding prizes. Groups will be set by age.

Layout: 14-16 will play 9 holes from the short tees. 11-13 year olds will play from 9 holes from short tees as well. 10 and under will play 9 holes from modified kids tees. For the kids tees, each hole will be between 150-250ft. Layout is subject to change based on skill levels and what everybody wants to play that day.

Attention all parents: children 13 and under are required to have a parent chaperoning during the round.