Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: How much is enough?
1-2 will get me through 55 47.83%
5 to stay alive 28 24.35%
10 is zen 4 3.48%
what, you mean you are supposed to stop collecting? 28 24.35%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 13
Multiples, how many BU is enough?

Stopped on the way home tonight to check selection at local shop that recently started carrying a small selection of discs. Walked out with another Teebird. Didn't really need it, but just in case adding it to the backup pile. Once home I decided to check inventory. I piled up all my discs that I have in duplicate.

Not too crazy, but I do plan to backup more of my favorite Prodigy for insurance...

So what is your ideal number of backups to hoard??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disc pano 2013.12.12.jpg (72.2 KB, 396 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 817
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have a couple backups for all the drivers in my bag. Tocs and Wizards are pretty solidly in my bag, don't see them going anywhere so I have more of those. I think I'm around 25 rocs and 50 wizards.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 28
The most of a non putter mold that I own is 4 Trackers, 2 in Z and 2 OOP ESP.

I'm crazy and will leave no disc behind. In fact the only disc I've lost was one I threw as a second drive and forgot to pick up. :-/ Still irks me...
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 81
i dont think i have more than 5 of any mold besides my putters. 1-2 isnt enough. didnt have a back up for my sw and its my favorite understable. lost the one i could dial in. i needed that disc to hit a few shots at the courses i usually play at. i have around 4-5 back ups for each slot sounds right
Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 87
I have roughly 50 backup rocs
Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
I like to have a few backups for anything that's a staple in my bag, say 2-3, but other than R-Pro Bosses, I'm just not going to hoard anything.

I love my "go to" discs as much as the next guy, but with all the manufacturers and offerings today, how many are discs are truly so unique, they can't be replaced by something else? By the time I go through 2-3 backups, someone's come out with something else I want to try. I often find that just changing discs up in my bag reinvigorates my game when I feel like it's stagnated or regressed, so why do I need stacks of anything? I just don't want to get that emotionally invested in any single type of disc.

The only reason I have a bunch of R-Pro Bosses is because they're R-Pro... has the shortest life of any plastic I know of. Doesn't help that they're distance drivers, either, so I stocked up on them....got about 8-10 of those.

Plus there's enough overlap in my bag that I essentially carry backups during a round.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 12-12-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
depends on how easy i think it will be to find a replacement in the future if i don't buy them now, haha.

right now i don't have hardly any backups at all, though i do have two nearly identical pink flat star destroyers and two SPD.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I like to have a few backups for anything that's a staple in my bag, say 2-3, but other than R-Pro Bosses, I'm just not going to hoard anything.

I love my "go to" discs as much as the next guy, but with all the manufacturers and offerings today, how many are discs are truly so unique, they can't be replaced by something else? By the time I go through 2-3 backups, someone's come out with something else I want to try. I often find that just changing discs up in my bag reinvigorates my game when I feel like it's stagnated or regressed, so why do I need stacks of anything? I just don't want to get that emotionally invested in any single type of disc.

The only reason I have a bunch of R-Pro Bosses is because they're R-Pro... has the shortest life of any plastic I know of. Doesn't help that they're distance drivers, either, so I stocked up on them....got about 8-10 of those.
why not step up to star or dx?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 21
At a year and a half in this addiction, I finally have started setting my bag. Multiple rivers-check, multiple maces-check, multiple wizards-check,check,check.

Best thing about wizards is that you can get em in a wide variety of plastics. So I only have one back up putter, and five back up short approache discs.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 18
I think the most backups I have for one mold is 4-5 minus putter. I have about 6 that I cycle in and out of the bag to practice putting with but for the most part I throw to throw whats readily available.